- Photography tour
- Chill out
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn about Maori culture.
- Surf some waves.
- Get an adrenaline rush in Rotorua and Queenstown.
- Discover Abel Tasman National Park by foot.
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. They say good travel happens on small islands. Regardless of whether or not that's an actual saying, the small islands of New Zealand pack plenty of exploratory punch. Go from surfing in Raglan to hiking in Abel Tasman National Park to cruising remote fjords and taking in some Insta-worthy views. But if you’re short on travel dollars, fear not; this trip squeezes in the very best of both the North and South Islands into an affordable, action-packed 21-day itinerary where you'll move swiftly without feeling rushed.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Raglan
Day 3: Raglan
Day 4: Raglan/Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo
Day 6: Taupo/Wellington
Day 7: Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park
Day 8: Abel Tasman National Park
Day 9: Abel Tasman National Park/Westport
Day 10: Westport/Franz Josef
Day 11: Franz Josef
Day 12: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 13: Queenstown
Day 14: Queenstown
Day 15: Queenstown/Te Anau
Day 16: Te Anau/Central Otago
Day 17: Central Otago
Day 18: Wedderburn/Christchurch
Day 19: Christchurch/Kaikoura
Day 20: Kaikoura/Wellington
Day 21: Wellington
- Hostels (11 nts, multi-share with 4-8 people), basic lodges (9 nts). Most nights are multi-share on this trip.
19 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD440-575 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, kayak, boat, ferry
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surf Lesson, Raglan
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Conservation farm visit (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking excursion (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- Visit to a seal colony
- Walks in Franz Josef and Abel Tasman National Parks
- Fiordland NP visit
- Milford Sound nature cruise
- Mountain biking excursion (Central Otago)
- Orientation walk in Wellington
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.