- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about Maori culture.
- Surf some waves.
- Get an adrenaline rush in Rotorua and Queenstown.
- Discover Abel Tasman National Park by foot.
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. They say good travel happens on small islands. Regardless of whether or not that's an actual saying, the small islands of New Zealand pack plenty of exploratory punch. You can go from biking to old gold-mining sites to cruising remote fjords and taking in some Insta-worthy views. But if you’re short on travel dollars, fear not; this trip squeezes in the very best of both the North and South Islands into an affordable, action-packed 21-day itinerary where you'll move swiftly without feeling rushed.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Raglan
Day 3: Raglan
Day 4: Raglan/Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo
Day 6: Taupo/Wellington
Day 7: Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park
Day 8: Abel Tasman National Park
Day 9: Abel Tasman National Park/Westport
Day 10: Westport/Franz Josef
Day 11: Franz Josef
Day 12: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 13: Queenstown
Day 14: Queenstown
Day 15: Queenstown/Te Anau
Day 16: Te Anau/Central Otago
Day 17: Central Otago
Day 18: Wedderburn/Christchurch
Day 19: Christchurch/Kaikoura
Day 20: Kaikoura/Wellington
Day 21: Wellington
- Hostels (11 nts, multi-share with 4-8 people), basic lodges (9 nts). Most nights are multi-share on this trip.
19 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD440-575 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, kayak, boat, ferry
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Resourceful Ōtautahi Walking Tour, Christchurch
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surf Lessons, Raglan
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Your Big Night Out Moment: in Wellington, Wellington
- Conservation farm visit (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking excursion (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- Visit to a seal colony
- Walks in Franz Josef and Abel Tasman National Parks
- Fiordland NP visit
- Milford Sound nature cruise
- Mountain biking excursion (Central Otago)
- Orientation walks in Wellington and Christchurch
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 116 today.
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of New Zealand: Maori Culture & Mountain Coastlines tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.