- Active and outdoor
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn about our unique Māori culture (Included)
- Dig your own hot tub at Hot Water Beach (Included)
- Visit a seal colony (Included)
Our most popular trip is a New Zealand 16 day itinerary jam-packed with New Zealand's top destinations and experiences. We’ll take you to the scenic highlights of the North and South Islands where you’ll discover golden beaches, majestic mountains, Māori culture, surreal landscapes and a big dose of adventure!
From Auckland to Christchurch (or, from Christchurch to Auckland – please see the reverse New Zealand two week itinerary), you’ll soon see that New Zealand is filled with many different landscapes and opportunities for adventure!
This small-group guided tour of the North and South Island will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupō, Wellington, Kaikōura, Wanaka, Queenstown, Lake Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), and Franz Josef Glacier, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Caves, The Tongariro Crossing and Milford Sound along the way.
Our Amplified tour comes complete with some very special inclusions: experiencing a Māori cultural night traditional hāngī meal, learning haka and poi dance, and carving your very own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef. Join this Haka Tour for an action packed 2 weeks in New Zealand!
Accommodation is included on the last night of your tour, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your New Zealand itinerary.
**Amplified Tour Tips:**
- Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
- The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. Upgrading your accommodation to a two person private room costs $1399. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for the one-night shared cultural experience (Murupara).
- If you arrive in Auckland with a few days to spare either before or after your tour, we have a great three-day [Bay of Islands Tour](https://hakatours.com/new-zealand-tours/bay-of-islands-tour) which showcases the Northland region of New Zealand.
Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
Day 2 Coromandel to Rotorua
Day 3 Rotorua
Day 4 Rotorua to Murupara
Day 5 Murupara to Taupō
Day 6 Taupō
Day 7 Taupō to Wellington
Day 8 Wellington to Kaikōura
Day 9 Kaikōura to Christchurch
Day 10 Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
Day 11 MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
Day 12 Queenstown
Day 13 Queenstown to Wanaka
Day 14 Wanaka to Franz Josef
Day 15 Franz Josef
Day 16 Franz Josef to Christchurch
- High-end hostel accommodation
- 15 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard) and 1 night shared cultural experience
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Eat a traditional Māori hāngī meal cooked in an underground oven
- Comfortable bus transport
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Stunning walk to the spectacular arched cavern of Coromandel’s Cathedral Cove
- Learn a haka and learn to weave flax with a local iwi (tribe)
- Visit Te Puia - a local cultural centre - to learn more about traditional Māori culture and discover Rotorua’s geothermal wonders
- See kiwi birds up close and personal
- Follow your nose to Rotorua’s bubbling mud pools
- Discover what makes Huka Falls the most visited natural attraction in NZ
- Check out the views from Matairangi/Mount Victoria, Wellington
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Get up close to Kaikōura’s cutest residents at a local seal colony
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 earthquake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Two nights in Queenstown, the Adventure Capital of the World
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Visit the Mountain Jade Factory in Hokitika
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Amplified NZ Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 85+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Amplified NZ Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Amplified NZ Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Amplified NZ Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.