- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- See locations used in the filming of 'The Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit'
- Feast your eyes on stunning, turquoise coloured Lake Tekapo, New Zealand's highest lake
- Go on a harbour cruise in Auckland. See the city from Auckland Sky City Tower
- Learn more about the indigenous Maori people during a cultural experience
On arrival in Auckland, New Zealand’s ‘City of Sails’, you will be met at the airport by one of our warm and friendly Kiwi team member and driven to your accommodation. We will discuss your itinerary and provide you with maps and detailed information. Continue to Matamata, where you will see many locations used in the filming of 'The Lord of The Rings' and 'The Hobbit'.
Continue through the Central Volcanic Plateau to Wellington and then to Picton. On reaching Christchurch, you will get the chance to indulge in a number of activities ranging from a gondola ride to a Maori cultural experience. Cross the vast Canterbury Plains and ascend the Burkes Pass to see the stunning, turquoise-coloured Lake Tekapo, New Zealand's highest lake. Your journey comes to an end in Queenstown, regarded as New Zealand's adventure capital.
Please note that we offer self-drive trips and can arrange your preferred accommodations, activities and attractions. We book your rental car and you set the pace each day. Or perhaps you prefer a private driver trip (fully-guided) or an escorted coach tour with a professional daily commentary.
Either way, you will have an awesome time exploring your beloved locations in New Zealand with us. We can customize an exciting itinerary to suit you. Let us help you plan out your dream vacation. To send us a message, click on the 'Make An Inquiry' button on the top right of this page.
Note: Although we have marked this trip as self-guided, it includes a number of guided sightseeing experiences. Please refer to the "What's Included" section for more details.
Day 1: Welcome to Auckland
Day 2: Explore Auckland city
Day 3: Auckland to Matamata and Hobbiton
Day 4: Waitomo Glowworm Caves – Whakapapa Village
Day 5: Ohakune – Wellington
Day 6: Wellington: New Zealand's capital city
Day 7: Interislander ferry from Wellington to Picton
Day 8: Picton to Christchurch
Day 9: Lord of the Rings Edoras Tour ex Christchurch
Day 10: Christchurch – Mount Cook National Park
Day 11: Mount Cook National Park to Queenstown
Day 12: Nomad Safaris 'Safari of the Scenes' Wakatipu Basin
Day 13: Dart River Wilderness Safaris Glenorchy
Day 14: Departure
- 10 Breakfasts
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Private arrival transfer to your accommodation on Day 1
- Rental car charge is included in the tour price
- Fullers Auckland Harbour Cruise
- Auckland Sky Tower admission ticket
- Hobbiton movie set tour
- Hairy Feet Scenic Film Location Tour
- Weta Cave & Windows into the Workshop tour
- Guided Tour of Te Papa – the National Museum of New Zealand
- Middle Earth film locations half-day tour
- Hobbit barrel run kayak trip
- Christchurch gondola & Mount Cavendish
- Ko Tane Maori experience
- Lord of the Rings Edoras tour
- Lord of the Rings Great Forests Scenic Helicopter Slight
- Nomad Safaris 'Safari of the Scenes' Lake Wakatipu Basin tour
- Dart River Wilderness Safaris
- Onsen Hot Pools (daytime session)
- International/domestic flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Airport drop-off
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls, WiFi & laundry
- Lunches, dinners & alcohol unless specified
- Anything not mentioned in the "What's Included" section
- Earn US$ 123+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationOn arrival you will be met at Auckland airport and provided with an extensive tour documentation pack, support details, 24/7 freephone helpline and a dining guidebook. Absolutely everything you need to enjoy your selfdriving trip. Note: Although we have marked this trip as selfguided, it includes a number of guided sightseeing experiences. Please refer to the "What's Included" section for more details. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.