- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Embark on a road trip across the most soulful and hospitable part of the USA, from the historic settlements to the musical centres.
- Take a sobering look at the history of slavery and segregation in the South and celebrate the bravery and humanity of heroes like Rosa Parks.
- From biscuits to barbecue, savour Southern cuisine in all its glory. Make sure you’ve got a bib handy, as it tends to get messy.
- Tap your toes and shake the floorboards during a line dancing lesson, then get your honkytonk on with locals in Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon.
Take a journey into the soul of the USA on this 12-day tour of the country’s Deep South. The air from Atlanta to Memphis is heavy with humidity and history, filled with the sound of country twang and trap music, and rich with the smoke from the local barbecue joints that seem to lie around every corner. From the creaking boards of the honky-tonk music joints in Nashville, to the elegant Victorian homes that line Rainbow Row in Savannah and the vibrant melting pot that is New Orleans, this tour will show you the best of the bold, brash, and boisterous Southern USA.
- Hotel (11 nights)
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Savannah - Leader led historical walking tour
- Charleston - Boone Hall Plantation
- Nashville - Wildhorse Saloon & line dancing
- Memphis - Sun Studio
- Memphis - National Civil Rights Museum
- New Orleans - Crawfish Boil
- Any international flights to Atlanta and from New Orleans are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Comfort USA tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 122+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Comfort USA tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Comfort USA tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Comfort USA tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- The South gets mighty steamy in the summertime. Pack appropriately, drink plenty of water and you might even grow to love it. September through to November is hurricane season, so if you’re travelling over this period you should pack a rain jacket and waterproof shoes.
- You'll be travelling in a van with a group, so conditions may feel a little cramped. We think this is all part of the adventure of road travel in the USA, and friendships form fast in tight quarters.
- You're in the Deep South of the USA, so expect a lot of (delicious) fried food and barbecue. Vegetarians may have fewer options, as a lot of southern cuisine is meat-based.
- The USA is a massive place, so it’s a good thing you’ve got one of our local leaders to give you the low-down. In some of the cities we visit, certain neighbourhoods are deemed safer than others. Your leader will fill you in on where to go and where to avoid.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description