- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 13
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit Houmas House Plantation and Gardens
- Mississippi riverboat dinner cruise
- Two nights in Memphis plus Elvis' Graceland Mansion and Beale Street nightlife
- Three nights in New Orleans and Bourbon Street's colourful music scene
Trace the roots of American music on this Deep South USA tour along the mighty Mississippi and experience the unique cultural landscape that gave birth to the blues, country and rock `n' roll. Days move a little slower in the south, as you pass the time with a sweet tea or a Jack and Coke, taking in the sights and sounds of Music Row in Nashville, Beale Street in Memphis and along Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Savour authentic cuisine and enjoy Southern hospitality as you float down the Mississippi on an included Deep South river boat cruise.
Day 1: Start Atlanta
Day 2: To Birmingham, Alabama to learn about the history of the Civil Rights
Day 3-5: Three days to discover lively New Orleans, the cultural melting pot of the
Day 6: Houmas House Plantation and Gardens - Natchez
Day 7: To Clarksdale
Day 8-9: Two days to discover Memphis
Day 10-11: Nashville, Tennessee
Day 12: To Atlanta; end Atlanta
- All accommodation11 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Atlanta are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Deep South & Delta Blues tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 191+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Deep South & Delta Blues tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Deep South & Delta Blues tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Deep South & Delta Blues tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.