- Walking tour
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Athens Cultural capital of Greece
- Nafplion The first capital of modern Greece
- Areopolis The city of Ares, the Ancient Greek God of War
- Mycenae Classic ancient site
Discover the many historical sites in Greece's Peloponnese region, which is steeped in myths and legends. Explore the wild landscapes of the Mani Peninsula, at the southern tip of mainland Greece, with its fantastic sea views. Athens - Explore the history and culture of one of the world's oldest cities including the impressive Acropolis Delphi - Perched on the rocky slopes of Mount Parnassos, take a guided tour of the Temple of Apollo Olympia - Birthplace of the Olympic Games, discover the magnificent ancient ruins including the arena.
Day 1 : Join tour in Athens
Day 2 : Walking tour of Athens including a visit to the Acropolis
Day 3 : Bus to Nafplion with an orientation walk on arrival
Day 4 : Walk to Palamidi Fortress and an excursion to Epidavros
Day 5 : Drive to Areopolis via the ancient ruins at Mycenae
Day 6 : Free day in Areopolis with the option to join a trip to Monemvasia
Day 7 : Excursion to the Mani Peninsula including Vathia fortified village
Day 8 : Drive to the harbour town of Pylos via the ruins of Medieval Mystras
Day 9 : Visit to Neokastro and free time in Pylos; chance to visit Methoni
Day 10 : Visit to the Vaulted Tomb of Ano Anglianos and tour of Olympia
Day 11 : Tour of Delphi including the Temple of Apollo
Day 12 : Drive to Athens for your final evening
Day 13 : Trip ends in Athens
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 12 Breakfast
- Bus, Public Bus, Taxi
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Athens are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Peloponnese Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 116 today.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Peloponnese Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 219 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Peloponnese Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Peloponnese Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.