- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover an authentic Greek island
- Walk along dramatic coastline and visit remote villages
- Savour delicious cuisine in traditional tavernas
- Relax on deserted beaches and swim in the warm Aegean waters
The delightful island of Evia is a real hidden treasure, close to Athens yet world’s away with old stone paths connecting quaint villages tucked-away in the mountains. This walkers’ paradise offers unique history and an authentic atmosphere as you walk past Roman quarries, aqueducts and Byzantine churches. In the summer there are plenty of opportunities for swimming at a deserted beach or a tucked away cove, and traditional tavernas and waterfront ouzo-meze shops make eating and drinking here a wonderful experience.
Day 1: Start Athens; transfer to Rafina; ferry to Evia.
Walk through the ravine from Platanistos to the beach at Potami Bay.
Ascend Mount Kliosi and the Acropolis of Styra.
Walk through rolling hills and the Gourna villages, passing Roman Columns and
visiting the Castello Rosso.
Morning walk in the Bay of Marmari; afternoon free to relax on the beach or
wander around Karystos.
Morning ferry to Athens; walking tour of Athens including visit to the
Acropolis; transfer back to Evia.
Gorge walk from Mt Ohi down to the rugged East Aegean coast.
Morning ferry to Athens; end Athens.
- 7 nights 2-star seaside hotel with en suite rooms , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 picnic lunches and 5 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- 4 full days and 2 half day centre-based walking; including sightseeing in Athens
- Between 4 and 6 hours walking per day
- Altitude maximum 1000m, average 500m
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Athens are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mountains & Villages of Evia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 52+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mountains & Villages of Evia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 148 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 20 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mountains & Villages of Evia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mountains & Villages of Evia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.