- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-32903
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Mycenae: See ancient Greek remains and the tomb of Agamemnon.
- Olympia: Birthday of the Olympic Games.
- Meteora: In a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks, monks settled on these 'columns of the sky' from the 11th century onwards. Meteora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Athens: Explore the Capital of Greece on your own, with plenty of time for shopping.
Discover the famous historical monuments of mainland Greece! With this eight-day tour, you will get to visit some of the country’s most interesting sites, such as the Acropolis, the birthplace of the Ancient Olympics, the archaeological site of Delphi, the Temple of Apollo and the UNESCO-listed World Heritage rock-tower monasteries of Meteora.
Day 1: Arrival Athens
Day 2: Athens And Acropolis
Day 3: Athens – Canal Of Corinth – Epidaurus –nafplion - Mycenae – Olympia (385 Km – 9 Hrs)
Day 4: Olympia - Delphi (330 Km – 8 Hrs)
Day 5: Delphi - Kalambaka (310 Km – 8 Hrs)
Day 6: Kalambaka - Athens (355 Km –9 Hrs)
Day 7: Athens
Day 8: Departure Athens
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Evita Asty or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Fresh or similar 4*
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Olympic Village or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Europa or similar 4*
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Hermes or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Amalia Delphi or similar 4*
- Standard Hotel Category = Hotel Orfeas or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hotel Grand Meteora or similar 4*
- 7 nights' accommodation
- 7 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (Day 3, 4, 5)
- Shared air-conditioned transportation in a luxury vehicle for the half-day Athens sightseeing tour, and the four-day round trip.
- Inbound/Outbound transfers from/to Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport (Athens International airport)
- Operated with qualified local English speaking guide for the half-day Athens sightseeing tour and the 4 days roundtrip (day 3,4,5,6)
- Entrance fees for the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the Delphi Site and Museum, the Olympia Site and Museum, Epidaurus, Mycenae and two monasteries of Meteora.
- Meet & Greet on arrival at Eleftherios International Airport
- Flight tickets or visa fees
- Airport taxes for domestic and international flights
- Gratuities for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Overnight city tax for the hotel overnights effective from January 1st 2018. Clients will have to pay the TAX on the spot at the hotels
Thank you for your feedback and the time you dedicated to write it.
We are really sorry to hear that the service provided by the guide and the lunches style did not meet your expectations and needs.
Please allow us to highlight that what you experienced is not our standard way of working, so we really thank you for highlighting these issues to us investigate further.
Your comments really matter to our local team to improve the quality's standard service by applying the appropriate corrective actions, hence have been duly reported to them.
On another note, we are very glad to hear the positive aspects of your journey, thanks for pointing these out.
Once again, thanks for your helpful opinion.
Annalisa, Destination Services
Dear valued Guest,
many thanks for your valueable feedback and for your precious time spent on writing this reveiw.
We extremely appreciate it since it gives us the opprtunity to always improve our quality standard's levels and strive to go extra miles for our valued clients.
We took very good note of your comment about the hotel's standard you were accommodated in and rest assured we are investigating on what happened to apply the further corrective actions.
We also well acknowledged your feedback about the bites, and while this experience often happens in the Mediterranean destinations during summer, we already sent your valuable feedback to the property for them to action accordingly.
Many thanks once again for travelling with us and hoping to see you again in any of our tours!
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 31+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classical Greece tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 January 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 January 2024, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classical Greece tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classical Greece tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.