- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Acropolis & Parthenon in Athens
- UNESCO World Heritage site of Mycenae
- Nafplion & Palamidi fortress
- Birth place of the Olympic Games at Olympia
This 10-day Greece tour balances some of Greece's most impressive and fascinating ancient sites around Athens, Olympia and Delphi with the spectacular monasteries at Meteora and one of the Mediterranean's most beautiful and interesting islands, Santorini.
We start with a tour of Athens itself, taking in the ancient sites of the Acropolis and some of modern Athens below as well. Next we head west towards Mycenea with several stops and some scenic coastal scenery along the way. Our guide will provide explanations about Greek history and mythology, relating them to the places you're visiting. Its an amazing feeling seeing the actual places where heroes and heroines from mythology played out their stories. Our next stop is the lovely Mediterranean village of Nafplion which nestles at the foot of a cliff overlooked by the ramparts of the Palamidi Fortress. Next we head to Olympia, birthplace of the Olympics and more ancient sites, before we tour the temples and ruins at Delphi on the way. Our final major stop in mainland Greece is then to see the amazing cliiftop monasteries and breathtaking scenery of Meteora, before we head back to Athens.
We take to the ferry next and sail into the Aegean Sea to the volcanic island of Santorini. The island was created in its present form by a huge volcanic eruption over 3,500 years ago that created a large crater which is now filled by the sea forming a huge bay surrounded by steep cliffs and coloured lava pebble beaches. The island is full of small villages with narrow winding alleys and whitewashed buildings that are fascinating to hike through. There are also hot springs, wineries and the remaining active volcano itself to discover. We have a couple of days here to relax and explore the island before returning to Athens to finish our tour.
This is a small-group tour that runs throughout the year, staying in comfortable hotels at around the 4-star level. We can also arrange the tour privately if you would prefer not to join a group.
DayDay 1 : Arrive in Athens, transfer to hotel
Day 7 : Athens, ferry to Santorini
Day 8 : Santorini, free day
Day 9 : Santorini, return to Athens
Day 10 : Athens, transfer to airport
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary in approx. 4-star level hotels
- Port-hotel-port transfers on Greek islands
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- Greek island ferry crossings as per itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service
- Services of a professional local tour guide for mainland tours
- Services of a local tour leader on the islands
- Tipping kitty
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (allow approx. EUR 73 (Apr-Oct) or EUR 39 (Nov-Mar)
- Hotel residence tax (see tour notes)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for guide and driver
- Port fees
- Optional tours
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 114 today.
- Save US$ 76+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Greece & Santorini tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 23 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Classic Greece & Santorini tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Greece & Santorini tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.