- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Capture the treasures and reallife tableaus of Athens through your camera lens
- Walk the city streets with a local professional photographer who will help you take original shots of some of the world’s most famous classical architecture
- Experience the real Athens by making use of public transport and visiting hidden alleys, secret backstreets, and alternative neighbourhoods where a vibrant counterculture is flourishing
- Visit a flea market and a food market to capture everyday life in action and do a spot of shopping while you are there!
Discover Athens’s most famous landmarks with a professional photographer to teach you how to get postcard-quality photographs. Venture off the beaten track to explore the equally vibrant counterculture, often missed by tourists. Capture exceptional images of imaginative modern graffiti and colourful street scenes that contrast beautifully with the city’s classical architecture. This tour provides a fabulous opportunity to hone your photography skills and create your own picture-perfect memories in one of the world’s greatest historic cities.
Are you ready for your photo adventure into the heart of Athens?! Don’t worry, you don’t need to be an expert photographer to enjoy this tour. Our friendly, professional shutterbug will walk you through the city’s highlights whilst helping you to capture dramatic scenes that many visitors miss.
Our first click will be in front of the monument of the unknown soldier, where the ceremonial changing of the guards takes place. From there, we will jump onto the metro and make our way to a secret rooftop that boasts the best views of the ancient Acropolis.
Next, we will venture into the extremely photogenic district of Plaka to discover secret alleyways and local life away from the city centre. A stroll through the paths of Anafiotika will offer the keen photographer a plethora of contrasting landscapes to capture.
We will move on to the colourful Monastiraki Flea Market where antique furniture, old heirlooms, and enthusiastic stallholders mix on the streets to produce an ever-changing panorama, worthy of many interesting shots.
Continuing our walk, we will next visit the bohemian district of Psirri to check out one of the most alternative areas of the city. Full of interesting bars, awesome little shops, and captivating murals designed by local street artists, this will be a great contrast to many of the classical sites we have visited so far.
Finally, we will make our way to the Varvakios Agora, or the city’s municipal market. A place very much alive with sounds, aromas, and colours, and where possibilities for unique pictures are endless.
Our tour will end with a much-needed coffee and an opportunity to scan through the images that you have created today. You will also learn a bit more about street photography techniques and take home some valuable tricks of the trade for you to use on future travels.
By the end of our tour, you should have a stunning collection of original shots, as well as head full of unforgettable memories.
Don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip to amazing Athens.
- Public transportation fare
- Local English-speaking guide
- Photography advice
- Coffee and water/refreshments.
- additional food and drinks
- souvenirs or personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide and driver.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Athens in a Click tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 110 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Athens in a Click tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Athens in a Click tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Syntagma Square (at the exit of Syntagma metro station), in the middle of the square, at the fountain.Meeting end point :
Monastiraki Square and metro station.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.