- duration 3.30 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy this “off the beaten track” tour where you get to discover the hidden side of Athens
- Sample and taste traditional Greek food like loukoumades, bougatsa & spanakopita
- Explore Greek food markets with their bustling energy and loud bargaining
Get ready to bite into a sweet, cream filled, crunchy filo layered pie called bougatsa, fork into perfectly fried doughnut balls drenched in honey called loukoumades, and savor a satisfying meld of flavors from warm pita bread filled with seasoned grilled meat, fresh veggies and traditional sauce called gyros. In between, you’ll taste Feta cheese, Greek olives, and sip Greek wines. This neighborhood walk revolves around sampling Greece’s traditional food.
Athens Central Market and More
Our Athens Walking Tours guide will lead you through the bustling Athens Central Market, a historic food market unlike any other in Europe. Here, colorful and fragrant food stalls set the stage among animated food sellers, fishmongers and butchers whelping for sales as locals bargain them down.
Experience the Tastes of Greece
You’ll also walk the city’s quaint spice street, browse through mom-and-pop specialty shops selling local wine, olive oil, cheese or olives, and sample what’s behind the glass counters at family-run delicatessens. The aromas of fresh, out-of-the-oven savory pies, the tempting displays of Greek pastries and sips of Greece’s strong and tasteful spirits round out the food tour.
Discover Athenian Food Culture
In between each bite, you’ll gain insight into Greece’s fascinating food culture, the evolution of the country’s cuisine and the healthy nature of locally produced, organic ingredients.
The tour ends close to Monastiraki metro station at around 13:00.
- Food specialist guide
- Brochure with all places visited by the tour
- Food & beverages sampling ( 22 various foods and drinks)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
--Up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled tour: The customer shall not incur a penalty charge, apart from the charge due to AWT for the use of a credit card.
--Between 72 and 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour: The customer shall incur 50% of the amount payable for the tour as a penalty charge, plus any other expenses, i.e. credit card charges or cancellation charges for means of transportation that may have been reserved for the tour.
--Less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour or if customers do not show up at the agreed meeting point: 100% of the amount payable shall be withheld as compensation for the cancellation of participation in the program.