- duration 9 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Experience the breathtaking coastal scenery of the Cycladic island of Andros.
- History, culture, incredible landscapes and wildlife
- Stay in atmospheric handpicked hotels
- Feast on typical Greek dishes at local tavernas
A unique self guided walk on the authentic Cyclades Island of Andros. In 2012, a group of volunteers with a passion for the Cycladic island of Andros set about restoring and maintaining an ancient network of paths as a sustainable tourism project. Long before motorised transport, these old footpaths were the only way of travelling from village to village. As you walk along the well signposted route, the stonework and monuments are a testament to their historic legacy. Unspoilt beaches, classic coastal views and a multitude of natural features enrich the experience as you ascend mountain trails with sweeping vistas. At the end of the day, feast on typical Greek dishes at local tavernas and experience the warm hospitality of the island in handpicked accommodation. A truly rewarding walk on an unspoilt Greek Island.
Of course, knowing you could sink into the sea at the end of each day was a big mental help. The sea was delicious!
Everything worked out pretty well. No problems to report. The accommodation - especially Nicolas in Korthi and Irene Studios in Gavrio - was much nicer than I expected.
And I had the trails completely to myself I saw one other couple walking on one day, but that was it!”
Day 1 : Join Athens, transfer to Rafina Port, ferry to Andros, overnight Ormos Korthiou
Day 2 : Transfer to Tromarchion Monastery, return to Ormos Korthiou on foot (3hrs)
Day 3 : Walk to Chora (4 or 6 hrs)
Day 4 : Circular walks from Chora - 2 options (4 or 6.5hrs)
Day 5 : Walk on the west coast of Andros to Batsi - 2 options (6.5 or 5.5hrs)
Day 6 : Walk in the hills above Batsi via villages and terraced fields (4hrs)
Day 7 : Coastal walk via the monastery of Zoodochou Pigis to Agios Petros or Gavrio (4hrs)
Day 8 : Circular walk from Agios Petros/Gavrio (3.5hrs)
Day 9 : Trip concludes
- 8 nights in simple hotels and B&Bs on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes not included). Single rooms available on request - supplement applies
- Transfer Athens airport or city hotel to Rafina, Ferry ticket Rafina-Andros
- Road book with maps, route direction and local information (per room booked)
- 8 breakfasts - breakfasts are usually Greek style inclusive of breads, tomato, olives, feta cheese, yoghurt, tea, coffee & juices
- Luggage transfers
- Emergency hotline
- Pruning tools on loan during the walk
- Travel to Athens and from Agios Petros/Gavrio - ferry ticket Gavrio (Andros) to Rafina (mainland) can be pre-booked for an additional cost, ask our office for details
- Lunches, dinners and drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, WIFI and phone calls
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Entrance fees for museums and other sights of interest not stated as included
- Hotel taxes (to be paid locally)
- Local transfers by bus and taxi
- Tour guide - this is a self guided trip
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 40 today.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Andros Trail Self Guided Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Andros Trail Self Guided Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Andros Trail Self Guided Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.