- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Glide down the Nile aboard a traditional felucca boat
- Watch locals tend to their land on the banks of the world’s most famous river
- Discover Nubian culture, thought to be one of the earliest civilisations located anywhere on Earth
- Enjoy a special lunch made up of authentic Nubian dishes
Sail down the ancient River Nile in a felucca captained by a Nubian sailor. Watch in wonder as you pass by farmers working their land as they would have done thousands of years ago. Chat to your captain about Nubian culture and enjoy a traditional lunch aboard. Expect a relaxing voyage that’ll make you feel like a pampered, ancient pharaoh!
Your felucca captain will meet you in the morning and after a short walk, we’ll arrive at the docks where we will board the felucca boat. These boats are traditionally made of wood and have tall, white sails. The captain, who has had many years’ experience of sailing up and down the Nile in all sorts of conditions, will prepare the boat for sailing and then head off down this legendary waterway.
Our cruise will last five hours and we really want you to relax and enjoy the journey. Your captain will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have but this is not a history lesson. This is about chilling out and channeling your inner ancient Egyptian king or queen as you float down the mighty Nile. Watch seagulls fly above you and families farming their land using time-honoured techniques, see donkeys wandering around the barren landscape and palm trees gently swaying in the breeze.
We’ll stop for a spot of traditional lunch on board the boat. This might include zucchini, mashed potatoes, rice or pasta followed by a cup of tea. This is the time to chat to your Nubian captain in order to gain a better understanding of his culture and language.
We’ll head back to the docks at Aswan around mid-afternoon. Don’t forget to ask your captain for advice on what else there is to see and do during your stay in Egypt.
- Lunch on board the boat.
- Local English/Nubian-speaking captain
- Felucca sailing trip
- Additional food and drinks
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Felucca Boat Cruise & Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Felucca Boat Cruise & Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Felucca Boat Cruise & Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the Nile Hotel. 15 Corniche El Nile Street, 99999 Aswan, Egypt. Next to duty-free shop and Aswan Elementary Court.Meeting end point :
Nile Hotel.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.