- Visit the Sobek temple in Kom Ombo, the Horus temple in Edfu and the Philae temple
- See the High Dam near Aswan, constructed in 1961
We visit Temple of Horus in Edfu - an ancient Egyptian temple located on the west bank of the Nile in the city of Edfu. It was known in Greco-Roman times as Apollonopolis Magna, after the chief god Horus-Apollo. It is one of the best preserved temples in Egypt.
The temple, dedicated to the falcon god Horus, was built in the Ptolemaic period between 237 and 57 BCE. The inscriptions on its walls provide important information on language, myth and religion during the Greco-Roman period in ancient Egypt.
After you are done with your visit to Edfu, you continue on to drive to Kom Ombo City.
Here you you will visit the Temple of Kom Ombo - an unusual double temple built during the Ptolemaic dynasty in the Egyptian town of Kom Ombo. Some additions to it were later made during the Roman period. The building is unique because its 'double' design meant that there were courts, halls, sanctuaries and rooms duplicated for two sets of gods.
The southern half of the temple was dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek, god of fertility and creator of the world with Hathor and Khonsu.
Continue the drive towards Aswan and transfer you to a local restaurant for the included lunch.
After lunch, you will be transferred to continue your day tour to Philae Temple - an island in Lake Nasser, Egypt. It was formerly an island in the First Cataract of the Nile River and the previous site of an ancient Egyptian temple complex in southern Egypt.
End your day tour with a visit to the High Dam that was constructed in 1961 by the then President of Egypt - Gamal Abdel Nasar.
Around 15:00 pm we transfer you back to your hotel in Luxor or in Aswan
- Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Licensed English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at a good quality restaurant
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Bottle of water for each during the tour
- All service charges & taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any optional tour not mentioned above
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.