- duration 56 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ashgabat begin your adventure in Turkmenistan's bizarre and modern capital and explore the city on a guided minibus tour
- Darvaza Gas Crater gaze at the unusual site of a flaming gas crater in the middle of the desert in Turkmenistan
- Bukhara learn about the gruesome history of the Uzbek city with a visit to the Kalyan Minaret and see historic Zindon Prison
- Kyzylkhum Desert spend the night in a traditional felt yurt and explore the rolling dunes of the desert
Travel from Turkmenistan to Western China on this 56-day overland group tour from Ashgabat to Xi'an. Take in the flaming Darvaza Gas Crater, the Kunye Urgench ruins and Uzbekistan's famous Silk Road cities of Khiva, Bukhara and Samarkand. Camp in traditional yurts on the shore of Song Kol Lake in Kyrgyzstan and overland through the Kyrgyz Fergana Valley before taking in the highlights of China. See Shipton's Arch, marvel at the Great Wall of China and discover the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an.
Day: 1 Welcome to Ashgabat
Day: 2 Darvaza Gas Crater
Day: 3 Kunye Urgench
Day: 4-5 Khiva
Day: 6-8 Historic Bukhara
Day: 9 The Kyzylkhum Desert
Day: 10-12 Stunning Samarkand
Day: 13-15 Tashkent
Day: 16 Kokand & Fergana
Day: 17 Arslanbob
Day: 18-20 Kyrgyz Fergana Valley
Day: 21-22 Song Kol Lake
Day: 23 Kochkor
Day: 24-25 Jeti Oguz
Day: 26 Russian-style Karakol
Day: 27-28 Cholpon Ata & Chong Kemin
Day: 29-30 Bishkek
Day: 31 Return to Kochkor
Day: 32 Tash Rabat
Day: 33-37 Kashgar
Day: 38-39 The Taklamakan Desert
Day: 40-41 Urumqi & Heavenly Lake
Day: 42-43 Terrific Turpan
Day: 44-45 Dunhuang
Day: 46 Jiayuguan Fort & The Great Wall
Day: 47 Zhangye Rainbow Mountains
Day: 48 Liujiaxia
Day: 49-51 Bingling Si Caves & Xiahe
Day: 52 Lanzhou
Day: 53-54 Pingliang & Mt Kongtong
Day: 55 Xi'an
Day: 56 The Terracotta Warriors
- 40 nights in hotels & guesthouses
- 11 nights camping (including 7 nights wild camping & 4 nights camping without facilities)
- 4 nights camping in traditional yurts
- All necessary camping equipment (excluding sleeping bags)
- 34 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 15 dinners
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- Transportation in an overland expedition vehicle
- Services of two crew (drivers/tour leaders) and local guides along the way
- Guided tour of Ashgabat and visit to the Darvaza Gas Crater in Turkmenistan
- Guided tours of Khiva, Bukhara & Samarkand in Uzbekistan
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Eagle hunter demonstration in Kyrgyzstan
- Visit to the Great Wall and fortress at Jiayuguan
- Excursion to see the Terracotta Warriors near Xi’an
- International flights and visas
- Items of a personal nature, additional meals and drinks
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag and roll mat - please bring your own for camping
- Local payment - $1890pp, paid in USD
- Bookmundi is partner with On The Go Tours. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 276 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 183 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 17 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of the Silk Road - 56 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of the Silk Road - 56 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.