- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5894 meters
- Take the route less crowded to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Hike through the Shira Ridge. Traverse the entirety of the Shira Plateau from west to east
- Higher chances of reaching the summit
The Lemosho route, which starts on the western side of Mount Kilimanjaro, is the lesser-known of all the routes to the top of the mountain. However, it is increasingly being preferred by travelers for the beautiful scenery it offers along with a high summit success rate. Most of our travelers who have used this route love it.
Unlike the popular Machame route, which simply intersects the Shira Plateau, the Lemosho route crosses the entirety of the plain from west to east during a pleasant, relatively flat hike. An added bonus is that climbers will encounter low traffic until the route converges with the Machame route and takes you through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, all of which fall in the southern circuit.
We will make our descent via the Mweka route. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Negatives: 1. It's solely a budget trip with all budget services. Don't expect more. 2. Food throughout the trip was just average.
Advice: Stay for at least 3 days to explore Masai Mara and if you can spend more there are better options who will take you in better vehicles like Land Rover since the road to Masai Mara is horrible for the last 75 kms.”
helmeted guinea fowl
red billed stork
Day 1: Arusha – Londorossi Gate – Lemosho Glades – Big Tree Camp (2780m)
Day 2: Big Tree Camp (2,780m) – Shira Camp 2 (3,900m)
Day 3: Shira Camp 2 – Barranco Camp (3960m)
Day 4: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp (4250m)
Day 5: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp (4640m)
Day 6: Summit Day: Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka Camp
Day 7: Descend: Mweka Camp (3080m) – Mweka-Gate (1680m) – Arusha
- 6 nights' accommodation
- Meals as per the itinerary above
- Ground transportation to and from Arusha
- All taxes/VAT
- An English-speaking mountain guide and porters
- All camping gear
- National Park entrance fees
- International flights from home and back
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Travel insurance
- Money for tips
- Mountain climbing gear
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.