- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Rongai is the only route starting on the northern slope of Kilimanjaro. Though this part of the Mountain is rarely visited by hikers, it is not less interesting than the popular southern and western slopes. We recommend Rongai to all those who like reclusive hiking experiences. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing. At the end of the tour, you will receive an International certificate for a successful ascent!
Day 1: Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport – Arusha Area (45km – 1hr)
Day 2: Nalemuru Gate – Simba Camp (hiking 8km – 3/4hrs)
Day 3: Simba Camp – Kikilewa Camp (hiking 10km – 5/6hrs)
Day 4: Kikilewa Camp – Mawenzi Tarn Camp (hiking 6km – 4/5hrs)
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn Camp – School Hut Camp (hiking 9km – 5/6hrs)
Day 6: Uhuru Peak – Descent Horombo Camp (hiking 21km – 12/14hrs)
Day 7: Descent Horombo Camp – Marangu Gate (18km – 5/6hrs) – Arusha Area
Day 8: Arusha Area – Departure Kilimanjaro (45km – 1hr)
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation
- 5 night’s camp accommodation
- Camping/hut fees
- Modern the North Face VE-25 tents
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- 3 square meals daily on the mountain
- The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; juices, hot chocolate, tea, coffee and water
- Breakfasts at the hotel before and after the ascent
- Arrival and departure shared transfer in an air-conditioning vehicle from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Transfer to the trailhead
- Transfer to the hotel
- Flight insurance by AMREF Flying Doctors
- Operated with English- and German-speaking professional mountain crew
- All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- *There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: hike from Nalemuru Gate to Simba Camp (Day 2); hike from Simba Camp to Kikilewa Camp (Day 3); Kikilewa Camp to Mawenzi Tarn Camp (Day 4); hike from Mawenzi Tarn Camp to School Hut Camp (Day 5); hike from Uhuru Peak to Horombo Camp (Day 6); Descent from Horombo Camp to Marangu Gate (Day 7)
- Meet & Greet at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Expanded ration, which means a wider choice of products in the mountains
- The North Face sleeping bags (comfort −18°C / extreme −34°C)
- Iridium 9575 Extreme satellite phone. Uninterrupted contact with our support team
- Portable toilet and shower
- Mountaineering insurance up to 6,000 meters by World Nomads
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent)
- Personal gear rentals
- Tips for the mountain crew
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 189+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rongai Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Rongai Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rongai Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.