- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Entire Climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Reaching the Top at Uhuru Peak
Machame is a Zigzag route up and down trail. You will be hiking up and then hiking a bit down again to sleep low, which is very good for acclimatisation. Due to this reason, by taking this 7 days Machame Route your chance of reaching Mt. Kilimanjaro's summit will also be higher as you will be better acclimatized.
One of the most challenging points on the Machame route is the Baranco wall. We will pass it slowly and safely so there is not need to worry about this point. One of the highlights of this is of course reaching Uhuru Peak on Mt. Kilimanjaro, but, in fact, the entire climb and tour is a highlight.
On the way down, we will descent via the Mweka route. The sleeping mode on the Machame Route is camping.
For a day-by-day itinerary, please see the itinerary tab.
Day 1: ARUSHA –MACHAME GATE TO MACHAME CAMP
Day 2: MACHAME CAMP TO SHIRA CAMP
Day 3: SHIRA CAMP TO BARANCO
Day 4: Baranco camp to Karanga
Day 5: KARANGA VALLEY TO BARAFU
Day 6: BARAFU TO UHURU PEAK –MWEKA CAMP
Day 7: MWEKA CAMP TO MWEKA GATE-
- Park entry fees
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees
- Three meals a day
- Camping equipments
- Earn US$ 60+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.