- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Mount Kilimanjaro National Park
- Marangu Gate
- Mandara Hut
- Horombo Hut
The Marangu route is a classic trek to the top of Kilimanjaro. However, it has the least scenic variety of all routes (ascent and descent are done on the same path) and is the most crowded for that reason. It is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut.
Many favor the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path. Known as the "Coca-Cola" route, it approaches Kilimanjaro from the southeast. It is the oldest, most well-established route.
The minimum days required for this route is five, although the probability of successfully reaching the top in that time period is quite low. Spending an extra acclimatization day on the mountain is highly recommended.
Day 1: Arusha to Marangu Gate (1,800m/5,905ft) to Mandara Hut
Day 2: Mandara Hut (2,743m/9,000ft) to Horombo Hut (3,720m)
Day 3: Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) to Mawenzi Hut (4,600m)
Day 4: Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) to Kibo Hut (4,750m)
Day 5: Kibo Hut (4,750m/15,580ft) to Summit (5,895m/19,340ft)
Day 6: Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) to Marangu Gate (1,800m)
- All park entry fees
- Hut fees
- Rescue fees
- Transport to the gate and back
- All meals
- Guides and Porters
- Visa entry
- Climbing equipments
- Beverage drinks
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha before/after the tour
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.