- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro via the Machame Route
- Watch sunrise from the Roof of Africa
- Enjoy breathtaking views as you ascend to Uhuru Peak
The Machame Route offers a shorter trekking duration coupled with breathtaking views of farmlands, forests and heather moorlands. Start your trek on the second day of the tour, when you will travel from Machame Gate to Machame Camp.
The third day will take you to Shira Camp 2. Climb to Stella Point, located 5685m above sea level, on Day 6 of the trip. Be rewarded with stunning sunrise views from there before heading for Kilimanjaro Peak. Descend down to Mweka Camp on the same day and receive your climbing certificates at Mweka Gate the next day.
We will drive you from Arusha to the airport on the final day of the trip. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport & transfer to Arusha
Day 2: Arusha - Machame Gate - Machame Camp
Day 3: Machame Camp - Shira Camp 2
Day 4: Shira Camp 2 - Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp - Barafu Camp
Day 6: Conquer Mount Kilimanjaro, descend to Mweka Camp
Day 7: Trek to Mweka Gate & transfer to Arusha
Day 8: Transfer back to Kilimanjaro Airport
- Pickup & drop-off service. All transfers as per the itinerary
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals mentioned on the itinerary
- Professional tour guides and local staff (including porters and cook)
- All communal equipment such as tents, food, cooking items, etc
- National park entrance fees
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section
- Optional activities
- Save US$ 133+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.