- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- age_requirement 18+ years old
Our Marangu Climbing Itinerary will bring you beautiful views and each day of walking progresses through a different climate zone, adding considerably to the interest of the trek. The real highlight is the walk from Gillman’s point along the crater rim to Uhuru Peak, passing close to the spectacular glaciers and ice cliffs that occupy most of the summit area. The views as the sun rises behind Mawenzi on a clear morning are absolutely magnificent – The Rift Valley, Mt. Meru and the Masai Steppes stand out from the endless plains, almost three vertical miles below. All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing. At the end of the tour, you will receive an International certificate for a successful ascent!
Day 1: Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport – Arusha Area (40km – 1hr)
Day 2: Arusha – Marangu Gate / Mandara Hut (hiking 11km – 5/7 Hrs)
Day 3: Mandara Hut / Horombo Hut (hiking 10km – 5/6hrs) – Horombo Hut / Kibo Hut (acclimatization Hike 2.5km – 1/2hrs)
Day 4: Horombo Hut – Kibo Hut (hiking 10km – 4/8hrs)
Day 5: Kibo Hut – Uhuru Peak – Descent Horombo Hut (hiking 16km – 9/12hrs)
Day 6: Descent Horombo Hut / Marangu Gate (hiking 18km – 5/6hrs) – Arusha Area
Day 7: Arusha Area – Departure Kilimanjaro (40km – 1hr)
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation
- 4 night’s alpine hut accommodation (shared for solo travellers)
- Camping/hut fees
- Modern The North Face VE-25 tents
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- 3 square meals daily on the mountain
- The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; juices, hot chocolate, tea, coffee and water
- Breakfasts at the hotel before and after the ascent
- Arrival and departure private transfer in an air-conditioning vehicle from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Transfer to the trailhead
- Transfer to the hotel
- Flight insurance by AMREF Flying Doctors
- Operated with English- and German-speaking professional mountain crew
- All guides have "Wilderness First Responder" and "Wilderness First Aid" certificates, along with over 7 years of experience in climbing
- *There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour. Airport transfers will be operated with English-speaking drivers
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: hike from Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (Day 2); hike from Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut (Day 3); hike from Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut (Day 4); hike from Uhuru Peak and descent to Hormobo Hut (Day 5); Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate (Day 6)
- Meet & Greet at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Expanded ration, which means a wider choice of products in the mountains
- The North Face sleeping bags (comfort −18°C / extreme −34°C)
- Iridium 9575 Extreme satellite phone. Uninterrupted contact with our support team
- Mountaineering insurance up to 6,000 meters by World Nomads
- Accommodation on the mountain is based on sharing Alpine Huts. Single accommodation is not possible on the Mountain for this programme
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Lunch and dinner at the hotel (before and after the ascent)
- Tips for the mountain crew
- Personal gear rentals
- Portable toilet /shower are not permitted on Marangu Route climb
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 149+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Marangu Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Marangu Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Marangu Route, Gold Level Premium Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.