- Booking Type Instant Booking
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- The highest free standing mountain in the world, Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Lemosho is considered to be the best route on Kilimanjaro
The Lemosho Route is widely considered to be the best route on Mount Kilimanjaro. Not too long ago, there were only two main routes used to climb Kilimanjaro – the Marangu (Coca Cola) route and the Machame (Whiskey) route.
But as Tanzania’s tourism industry flourished, the Kilimanjaro park authority created more trails to African’s highest peak. This trail begins north of Shira, also on the western side of the mountain. But unlike the Shira Route, where for the first day you walk on a wide 4 WD road, Lemosho is a narrow wilderness trail right from the beginning, passing through pristine and remote rain forest with good chances of seeing wildlife.
Please refer to the itinerary section for more details.
Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Forest Camp
Day 2: Forest Camp to Shira Camp 1
Day 3: Shira Camp 1 to Shira 2 to Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 6: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Hut
Day 7: Mweka Camp to Arusha
- Professional experienced mountain guides
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals & accommodation while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Mess tents with table and chairs
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Camping Mattress
- Visa fees
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
- Save +US$ 61 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.