Kilimanjaro - Rongai route, 7 days
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-253
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English, Tanzanian
- Rongai route is best option during the rainy season,
- The Rongai Route is the only route to ascend up the North side of the mountain.
- Less crowded way to ascend Mount Kilimanjaro and also close view of Mawenzi Peak,.
This route over 7 days allows for an extra night at Mawenzi Tarn with acclimatisation walks during the spare day. Doing this will increase the chance of successfully summiting Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Hike from Arusha (1,950m) to Simba (2,600m)
Day 2: Hike from Simba (2,600m) to Kikelewa (3,330m)
Day 3: Hike from Kikelelwa (3,330m) to Mawenzi Tarn (4,330m)
Day 4: Acclimatisation day at Mawenzi Tarn (4,330m)
Day 5: Hike from Mawenzi Tarn to Kibo (4,700m)
Day 6: Kibo to Summit Uhuru Peak (5,985m) to Horombo
Day 7: Hike from Horombo (3,720m) to Arusha (1,830m)
- All transport - 4WD Land Rovers or safari vehicles
- Accommodation as detailed - 3 person tents shared by two people when camping
- Camping equipment (except sleeping bags and personal kit)
- Services of guides and porters
- All National Park entrance and camp site fees.
- All food - breakfasts, packed lunches and evening meals
- Donations and payments to local community project
- International flights
- Accommodation & airport transfer before and after the trek
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines
- Expenditure on personal bar bills (including all additional drinks) drinks, souvenirs, personal items
- Optional excursions/activities not detailed in itinerary
- Any additional services requested
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?