- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Climb Uhuru Peak on the Full Moon (selected NonExclusive departure dates monthly)
- Observe sunrise over Mawenzi before pushing to the summit of Kilimanjaro (5895m)
- Experience the northern, more remote route up Kilimanjaro
- Enjoy panoramic viewpoints while trekking
A beautiful and challenging route to summit the highest mountain in Africa on the full moon. Climbing the highest mountain in Africa on the Northern Circuit route is a draw card for any avid trekker, but especially with a full moon summit! Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m), fondly known as Kili, being a free-standing mountain commands panoramic views of the surrounding plains. Having nine days to acclimatise and encountering limited numbers of fellow trekkers, this route is truly remote and one for the trekking enthusiast. Commencing from the western side, catch a glimpse of Mt Meru floating on the clouds from the Shira Plateau before traversing the less visited northern flanks to enjoy fabulous vistas across vast Kenyan lowlands. Then, approaching the summit from the east in the light of the full moon, experience the tremendous feeling of space generated before standing on the top of Africa. Finally, a descent to the south completes an almost-circumnavigation of the mountain. This less-visited northern route provides opportunity for a truly remarkable adventure to the top of Kilimanjaro.
Day 1 : Join Arusha, trip briefing
Day 2 : Drive to Lemosho Gate, commence climb to Lemosho Big Tree Camp (2,650 m)
Day 3 : To Shira One camp (3550m)
Day 4 : To Shira Hut camp (3840m)
Day 5 : To Moir Hut (4200m)
Day 6 : To Buffalo Camp (4,150m)
Day 7 : To Third Cave Camp (3,900m)
Day 8 : To School Hut Campsite (4,700m)
Day 9 : Summit day (5,896 m) to Millenium Camp (3,800 m)
Day 10 : Descend to Mweka, then to Arusha
Day 11 : In Arusha, trip concludes
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Arusha
- 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 10 dinners
- Private vehicle transport between Arusha and Mt Kilimanjaro
- Experienced mountain guides, cook and camp crew
- Park entrance fees approx. US$1251
- All group camping and catering equipment on the Kilimanjaro climb (sleeping bags and mats are not provided)
- Porters to carry personal equipment
- Emergency oxygen
- International or domestic flights
- Arrival or departure transfers in Arusha
- Sleeping bags and mats
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Remote Northern Circuit tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Remote Northern Circuit tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Remote Northern Circuit tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.