- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 15+ years old
- age_requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Lemosho Route
- Trek to the very top of the Roof of Africa
- Stunning mountain views and highaltitude scenery
The Lemosho route can be done in as little as six days (five nights) on the mountain. However, it is ideally tackled over eight days (seven nights) for a better altitude acclimatization schedule. The trek begins at Londorossi Gate, located in the western base of mountain, within its lush, fertile rainforest. The route heads across the Shira Plateau, before circling along the southern circuit halfway around the mountain, exposing the climber to great views from all angles. The approach to the summit is made from the east, and the descent follows the Mweka trail. With eight days (seven nights) on the mountain, your chances of reaching the “Roof of Africa” are very high, around 90%.
The Lemosho route is approximately 70 km/ 42 miles from gate to gate. It is designed for physically fit people with some hiking experience. There are several variations to the 8-day Lemosho climb regarding starting and finishing points, altitude, distance and hiking time. However, ours is considered to be the ideal Lemosho route variation.
Day 1: Day 1: Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Day 2: Shira One Camp
Day 3: Day 3: Shira Two Camp
Day 4: Day 4: Barranco Camp
Day 5: Day 5: Karanga Valley
Day 6: Day 6: Barafu Camp
Day 7: Day 7: Final Ascent: Mkewa Camp
Day 8: Day 8: Arusha
- Transport to the gate and back
- All meals to the mountain
- Professional guide and porters
- All the required camping materials
- Park fees
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees
- Visa entry
- Climbing gears
- Personal use of nature
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha before/after the tour
- Earn US$ 69+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.