- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi before pushing to the summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m)
- Experience wildlife viewing in the world famous Serengeti National Park, spectacular World Heritage listed Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park
- Hike to the rim of the Shira Plateau and summit Kili via the beautiful Lemosho Route
- Marvel at panoramic viewpoints while trekking
Climb the highest mountain in Africa on the beautiful and challenging Lemosho route combined with a drive-fly wildlife safari through Tanzania's magnificent National Parks. Stand on the highest peak of Africa - approach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, fondly known as Kili, via the challenging and beautiful Lemosho Route. Our trip starts and ends in Arusha, and this itinerary gives maximum possible acclimatisation to enjoy the incredible scenery. We climb the rim of the Shira Plateau with a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We walk on the lava ridges and enjoy extensive views of the plains below. From here, there is some steep climbing but also a chance for a restful afternoon before the final summit day. We aim to be on the top of Africa by sunrise with our reward being the panorama of mountain-top and savannah, perhaps mythically swathed in mist, below us. Before or after ascending Kilimanjaro, we indulge in an all encompassing fly-drive safari highlighting the best game parks in northern Tanzania including huge herds of elephants in Tarangire, the spectacular World Heritage listed Ngorongoro Crater, visits to a Masai village and the renowned paleolithic site of Olduvai Gorge, and culminating in the distinctive scenery and abundant wildlife in the world famous Serengeti National Park.
Day 1 : Join Arusha, trip briefing
Day 2 : Drive to Lemosho Gate, commence climb to Lemosho Big Tree Camp (2650m)
Day 3 : To Shira One camp (3550m)
Day 4 : To Shira Hut camp (3840m)
Day 5 : Trek near Lava Tower junction (4550m)
Day 6 : To Karanga (4000m)
Day 7 : To Barafu campsite (4600m)
Day 8 : Summit Uhuru Peak (5895m), then descend to Millenium Camp (3800m)
Day 9 : Descend to Mweka, transfer to Arusha
Day 10 : To Tarangire National Park, game drive
Day 11 : Ngorongoro Crater
Day 12 : Masai village and Olduvai Gorge, to Serengeti National Park and game drive
Day 13 : Serengeti National Park, game drives
Day 14 : Early morning game drive, fly to Arusha
Day 15 : In Arusha, trip concludes
- 4 nights in 3 star permanent safari camps on a twinshare basis (option to upgrade accommodation to 4 star safari lodges)
- 3 nights in 3 star hotel in Arusha on a twinshare basis
- 14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 13 dinners
- Experienced local game driver-guide and private vehicle on safari section
- One way flight from Serengeti to Arusha valued at US$255
- Experienced local mountain guides, cook and camp crew on Kilimanjaro
- 7 nights fully supported camping on Kilimanjaro on a twinshare tent basis
- All group camping equipment including tent on Kilimanjaro (sleeping bags and mats are not provided - can be hired locally)
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment on Kilimanjaro
- Park entrance and national park fees valued at US$1447
- Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
- Emergency oxygen on Kilimanjaro
- Christmas and New Year supplements, and High Season surcharges (please ask our staff for details of these peak season surcharges)
- International or domestic flights
- Arrival or departure transfers in Arusha
- Sleeping bags and mats on Kilimanjaro
- Kit bag/hiking pack/soft duffle bag to store your main luggage that is carried by porters on Kilimanjaro
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Tips and gratuities
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 249+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route & Wildlife Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route & Wildlife Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route & Wildlife Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.