- National parks
- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the stunning Arusha National Park
- Climb Kili via one of the most popular and scenic routes available
- Discover remote, spectacular and dramatic gorges and views of west Kilimanjaro
- An ideal route to slowly acclimatize yourself and boost your chances of a successful climb
The Lemosho route approaches Kilimanjaro from the west. Rather than simply intersecting Shira Plateau (like Machame), Lemosho crosses it from Shira Ridge to Shira 2 Camp, in a pleasant hike. Climbers encounter low traffic until the route joins the Machame route. Afterwards, Lemosho follows the same route through Lava Tower, Barranco and Barafu, known as the southern circuit. Including Arusha National Park but is Option,
The Lemosho route is considered the most scenic trail on Kilimanjaro, granting panoramic vistas on various sides of the mountain. As one of the newer routes, Lemosho is a superb choice for your climb. It is our preferred route due to its ideal balance of low crowds, beautiful scenery and a high summit success rate.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Arusha to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rain forest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike.
Day 1: Arrivel to Arusha
Day 2: Visit Arusha National park
Day 3: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa
Day 4: DAY 4: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp
Day 5: Shira 1 Camp to Moir Hut
Day 6: Moir Hut to Lava Tower, Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 7: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 8: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 9: Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak, Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp
Day 10: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Entry fees, Rescue fees, camping fees or hut fees
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Health requirements
- Yellow Fever infected country
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSafety: Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies and supplement summit oxygen Travel Insurance: All customers traveling with Expect In Africa Safari are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance. The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure. During travel the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation and repatriation cover.