- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the sunrise over Mawenzi before pushing to the summit of Uhuru Peak (5895m)
- Be captivated by panoramic viewpoints and incredible scenery while trekking
- Hike to the rim of the Shira Plateau
- Discover the city of Arusha, located at the base of Mt Meru
Climb the highest mountain in Africa on the beautiful and challenging Lemosho route. Stand on the highest peak of Africa - approach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, fondly known as Kili, via the challenging and beautiful Lemosho Route. Our trip starts and ends in Arusha, and this itinerary gives maximum possible acclimatisation to enjoy the incredible scenery. We climb the rim of the Shira Plateau with a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We walk on the lava ridges and enjoy extensive views of the plains below. From here, there is some steep climbing but also a chance for a restful afternoon before the final summit day. We aim to be on the top of Africa by sunrise with our reward being the panorama of mountain-top and savannah, perhaps mythically swathed in mist, below us.
Day 1 : Join Arusha
Day 2 : Drive to Lemosho Gate, commence climb to Lemosho Big Tree Camp (2650m)
Day 3 : To Shira One camp (3550m)
Day 4 : To Shira Hut camp (3840m)
Day 5 : Trek near Lava Tower junction (4550m)
Day 6 : To Karanga (4000m)
Day 7 : To Barafu campsite (4600m)
Day 8 : Summit Uhuru Peak (5895m), then descend to Millenium Camp (3800m)
Day 9 : Descend to Mweka, transfer to Arusha
Day 10 : In Arusha, trip concludes
- 2 nights in 3 star hotel in Arusha on a twinshare basis
- 9 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
- Experienced local mountain guides, cook and camp crew
- 7 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included - can be hired locally)
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment
- Park entrance fees valued at US$1109
- Emergency oxygen
- International or domestic flights
- Arrival or departure transfers in Arusha
- Sleeping bags and mats
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 201 today.
- Earn US$ 134+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.