- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Easy
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A fantastic eightday route, carefully designed to maximise time in remote wildernessExtra day to aid acclimatisationTo stand on top of the largest freestanding mountain in the world Kilimanjaro1 guide to every 2 clients on summit day
Taking the western approach we cross the caldera of Shira Volcano, traversing beneath the southern icefields of Kibo, Kilimanjaro's highest volcano. We have eight days on Africa’s highest mountain, which means plenty of time for acclimatisation and soaking up the ever changing scenery. This is one of the least trekked routes allowing us to savour the immense and wild Shira Plateau. This itinerary gives you an excellent chance of reaching the summit: approximately 96% of people trekking the Lemosho route with Exodus stand on the roof of Africa.
Day 1: Start Arusha.
Day 2: To Londorossi; begin ascent to Lemosho Forest (2650m).
Day 3: Explore Shira Plateau; camp at Shira One (3550m).
Day 4: Walk to the summit of Shira Cathedral to camp at Shira Hut (3840m).
Day 5: Descend to camp at Great Barranco Valley (3900m).
Day 6: Over the Barranco Wall to Karanga (4000m).
Day 7: Steep ascent to Barafu campsite (4600m), with optional afternoon ascent to
bottom of S.E. Valley (4800m).
Day 8: An early start to reach Stella Point in time for sunrise; on to Uhuru Peak
(5895m), the highest point in Africa; descend to Millennium Camp (3800m).
Day 9: To Mweka Gate; transfer to Arusha.
Day 10: End Arusha.
- 7 nights full service camping in three-man tents, private toilet tents provided, 2 nights comfortable en suite hotels,All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
- Full moon departures
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- 8 days point-to-point walking
- Full porterage throughout
- Altitude maximum 5895m, average 4000m
- Exodus is a member of the
- Project (KPAP)
- Kilimanjaro Park Fee
- Any international flights to/from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 208+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.