- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- A fantastic eightday route, carefully designed to maximise time in remote wilderness
- Extra day to aid acclimatisation
- To stand on top of the largest freestanding mountain in the world Kilimanjaro1 guide to every 2 clients on summit day
Taking the western approach we cross the caldera of Shira Volcano, traversing beneath the southern icefields of Kibo, Kilimanjaro's highest volcano. We have eight days on Africa’s highest mountain, which means plenty of time for acclimatisation and soaking up the ever changing scenery. This is one of the least trekked routes allowing us to savour the immense and wild Shira Plateau. This itinerary gives you an excellent chance of reaching the summit: approximately 96% of people trekking the Lemosho route with Exodus stand on the roof of Africa.
Day 1: Start Arusha.
Day 2: To Londorossi; begin ascent to Lemosho Forest (2650m).
Day 3: Explore Shira Plateau; camp at Shira One (3550m).
Day 4: Walk to the summit of Shira Cathedral to camp at Shira Hut (3840m).
Day 5: Descend to camp at Great Barranco Valley (3900m).
Day 6: Over the Barranco Wall to Karanga (4000m).
Day 7: Steep ascent to Barafu campsite (4600m), with optional afternoon ascent to
bottom of S.E. Valley (4800m).
Day 8: An early start to reach Stella Point in time for sunrise; on to Uhuru Peak
(5895m), the highest point in Africa; descend to Millennium Camp (3800m).
Day 9: To Mweka Gate; transfer to Arusha.
Day 10: End Arusha.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Travel insurance
- Single supplement
- Equipment hire
- Visas or vaccinations
- Earn US$ 206+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 August 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 August 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.