- duration 5 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-22711
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy magnificent wildlife viewing in Tarangire NP
- Spot the Big Five throughout the famous Serengeti plains
- Discover Ngorongoro Crater - a great natural wonder
Experience Tanzania's highlights on this 5-day safari. Travel to Tarangire NP, the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park, three of Africa’s premier wildlife areas. See extraordinary creatures, take-in remarkable views, and enjoy the beauty of Tanzania!
Day 1: Arusha - Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
Day 2: Tarangire National Park - Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Day 3: Serengeti National Park - Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater - Lake Manyara - Arusha, Tanzania
- 4 nights in tent camping or medium-range/tented lodges
- 4 Breakfast(s), 5 Lunch(es), 4 Dinner(s),
- Transport as per itinerary
- 4x4 safari vehicle with pop-up roof for photography
- Services of a safari driver/ guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- Private chef (for camping)
- 1L mineral water per day
- Birds and animal field guide book
- A pair of binoculars
- Sleeping bags
- Mattress, pillow and tent
- Airport transfers (available at an extra cost)
- Mosquito nets in safari tents
- Tips (please remember that tipping is optional and depends on the quality of service you received. it is customary and recommended to give tips on safaris, however it is not mandatory.)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Tanzania Safari 5D/4N (Tarangire, Serengeti & Ngorongoro) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2023, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Tanzania Safari 5D/4N (Tarangire, Serengeti & Ngorongoro) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Tanzania Safari 5D/4N (Tarangire, Serengeti & Ngorongoro) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
Camping Option: If you book the camping option, the accommodation is on public, government-owned campgrounds. Please note, when camping you may be required to assemble your own tent. Camping tents do not have additional inside mosquito nets, however, the door and windows have mosquito proofing.
Please note that the accommodations during your safari will be rustic and typical of the region. Camping will be in mobile tents, and the lodge accommodations will be a mixture of mid-range traditional lodges and tented lodges.
Suggested Packing List:
Pack as lightly as possible since there is limited space for luggage and you will not want to carry extra weight. Pack light-colored clothing, safari pants and shirts, sun hat, sunglasses, sun block, insect repellent, comfortable shoes, sandals, warm clothing, wool hat, scarf, rain poncho, warm socks, sweater, thermals, bathing suit, money belt, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory cards (there is limited electricity available during some parts of the trip), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, toiletries, rehydration powder, water bottle, contact lenses & glasses, electrical current adapters, earplugs, travel pillow, money pouch. Bring a small day-pack to carry your camera and personal items.
Bring extra cash for snacks, water, and souvenirs along the way. DON`T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: original passport plus a copy, visas (if applicable), yellow fever certificate, insurance card, malaria pills, prescription medications.
Please note: The order of the days may change without notice due to group size and availability of camp sites or lodges.
Prices of optional activities are subject to change without prior notice.
SINGLE USE PLASTIC BAN
Please note that effective 1st June, 2019 Tanzania will enforce a total ban on single-use plastic bags. The manufacture, use or importation of plastic bags, including garbage bags, carrier bags and shopping bags, will become illegal and offenders may face heavy fines. Passengers and visitors intending to arrive at any Tanzanian airport and border point, including Zanzibar, are advised to avoid packing any plastic bags in their hand luggage or checked baggage as they could face penalties on arrival. Items purchased at an airport before boarding the aircraft should also be removed from plastic bags. Similarly, transparent "zip-lock" plastic bags that some airlines require passengers to use for keeping liquids, cosmetics, toiletries etc. are also not permitted and should be removed before disembarking.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?