- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Lemosho Route offers the 'complete' Kilimanjaro experience
- As KPAP (Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project) members we can guarantee an ethical climb
- 8 days on the mountain give you the best chance to make it to the top
- Safety first approach we have a 100% safety record
An 8 day ascent to the roof of Africa. Starting at Lemosho on the Western side and traversing across the most spectacular parts of the mountain. It joins the Machame route above Shira camp on day 4 and then from Barafu camp ascends to the summit via Stella Point. The descent is via the Mweka route.
Highlights on this tour are: Afromontane forest, Shira plateau, glacial valleys, alpine desert, views of Mawenzi, ascent of Kibo and possible views of Kibo caldera and ash pit.
For a detailed day-by-day itinerary we kindly refer to the 'Itinerary' tab.
We look forward to providing you with a fun, comfortable, memorable and ethical tour to the roof of Africa.
Day 1: Start your Kilimanjaro Climb! Trailhead to Forest Camp
Day 2: Forest Camp to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2 Camp (or Moir Hut Camp)
Day 4: Shira 2 Camp (or Moir Hut Camp) to Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu to Kibo Summit and descend to Mweka Hut
Day 8: Descend to Mweka gate and transfer to Moshi/Arusha
- All park fees
- Top trained and experienced mountain guides
- All head guides have the Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certificate
- Expedition style mountain tents
- Porters, Chef, Camp Crew
- Private mess tent
- All food on the mountain
- Safe drinking water
- 1st aid equipment incl. Pulse Oximeter
- Medical Oxygen
- Altitude Sickness Check Sheet
- Return Mountain transfers
- AMREF Flying Doctors membership
- Private toilet tent with portable toilet
- Emergency evacuation transfer to nearest qualified hospital
- Personal equipment
- International flights
- Travel Insurance (must include evacuation AND cover hiking up to 6000m)
- Pre and post climb accommodation (we can book for all budgets)
- Airport Transfers (we can book for a small fee)
- Costs for hospital treatment and medication
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationMinimum age 10 years (younger only with special permit from park authorities) Complete kit check list will be sent upon booking confirmation Full briefing and thorough kit check by climbs manager and head guide rental gear available (sleeping bag, mattress or walking poles)