- Bicycle tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get the best view of Tanzania’s landscapes from twowheels – cycle in the shadow of Mount Meru in Arusha and ride alongside wildebeest in Lake Manyara.
- Refuel for the ride with a cup of Tanzanian coffee. Roast, grind and taste your own in the village of Tengeru and get a closer look at local farm life.
- Cycle where tourists rarely go, across the remote, barely charted plains of Lengai in the realm of vast grasslands and misty volcanic peaks.
- The Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater are two of Africa’s very best wildlife arenas. Fall asleep to the sounds of the African night and take a safari in search of the rare black rhino.
Brimming with mighty predators and birds, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are must-visits for any Tanzania trip, but safaris are only the beginning. This unique cycling adventure has you cruising down Great Rift Valley escarpments, strolling through farm villages, roasting and grinding your own coffee, drifting off to sleep among nocturnal creatures, experiencing the culture of the Maasai people, pedalling far off the beaten track to trails where no cars go, and of course sipping sundowners at sunset. With a support vehicle at every step of the journey, take your time to discover Tanzania on two wheels.
Arusha National Park
Lake Natron & Ol Doinyo Lengai
Rift Valley escarpment
Rift Valley & Lake Manyara
- Camping (8 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Dormitory with shared facilities (1 night), Guesthouse (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Bicycle , Support vehicle , Overland vehicle , Jeep
- An expert tour leader
- Arusha National Park Entry
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Lake Manyara - Game drive
- Masai village visit
- Tengeru - Local family farm visit and community walk
- Any international flights to/from Arusha are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Tanzania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 202 today.
- Earn US$ 134+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Tanzania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Tanzania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Tanzania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- To complete this trip, it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
- On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back-marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists due to cyclist-only paths, your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back-marker.
- The cycling distances are mostly short, but the roads can be rough, and the terrain of Tanzania can be hilly and the climate warm, so you'll need to be reasonably fit. Keep in mind the support vehicle will be on hand if you need a break.
- Riding is done along both sealed and unsealed roads, but there are no special technical skills needed. Some practice at home is a great idea, however, especially for downhill sections.
- There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
- The weather in this region varies seasonally. Be prepared to get sweaty, and for the occasional cold day and night, which may require a change of plans. It's all part of the adventure!
- This trip involves a partial camping experience, giving you access to more remote destinations at close proximity, and the joy of experiencing the elements. This is a participatory trip – a fancy way of saying you’re not just along for the ride, but you are part of a team! Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out with camp activities like food prep and washing up. It’s all about giving your new travel mates a hand, and everyone knows there’s nothing worse than trying to put up a tent on your own!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions