- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Lemosho route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rain forest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. Crowds are low until the route joins the Machame route near Lava Tower. Then the route traverses underneath Kilimanjaro's Southern Ice Field on a path known as the Southern Circuit before summiting from Barafu. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
We specialize in guiding on the Lemosho route and receive excellent reviews from climbers. Most of our clients climb Kilimanjaro using this route and they consistently report that they loved it. Thus, Lemosho is highly recommended!
NB: Accommodation before and/or after climb can be arranged with small additional cost
Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Moir Hut
Day 4: Moir Hut to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 7: Barafu camp – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3090m)
Day 8: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate
- 7 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Transport to and from Moshi/Arusha to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Accommodation before and/or after climb (Can be arranged on small additional cost)
- Earn US$ 84+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationNB: With small Additional cost we can book for you accommodation before or/and after summiting Mount Kilimanjaro. Children bellow 13 years of age must be accompanied by adult.