- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Challenge yourself on the beautiful and unspoiled Lemosho route
- Reach the summit at 5,895M and savor the unique feeling of standing on the roof of Africa
- Enjoy thrilling and safe scrambles on the very edge of Africa's highest mountain
- Visit the welcoming region of Moshi town and enjoy ¨Mbege¨ a local brew beer
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rain forest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. Crowds are low until the route joins the Machame route near Lava Tower. Then the route traverses underneath Kilimanjaro's Southern Ice Field on a path known as the Southern Circuit before summiting from Barafu. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
We specialize in guiding on the Lemosho route and receive excellent reviews from climbers. Most of our clients climb Kilimanjaro using this route and they consistently report that they loved it. Thus, Lemosho is highly recommended!
Day 1: Londorossi Gate (2100m) - Mti Mkubwa (2821m)
Day 2: Mti Mkubwa (2895m) to Shira 1 Camp (3505m)
Day 3: Shira 1 Camp (3505m) to Moir Hut (4206m)
Day 4: Moir Hut – Lava Tower (4642m) – Barranco camp (3984m)
Day 5: Barranco Camp (3984m) – Karanga Camp (4100m)
Day 6: Karanga Camp (4100m) to Barafu Camp (4681m)
Day 7: Barafu camp – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Mweka (3090m)
Day 8: Mweka camp (3090m) – Mweka Gate (1641m)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Moshi (before & after climb)
- Transport to and from Moshi to the trail head
- Professional mountain guides/porters
- Accommodation in mountain tents
- Three meals a day while on the mountain
- All park entrance fees and taxes
- Emergency and Rescue Team services
- Airport transfers
- Your climbing gear
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending money
- Tips for guide, porter and cook
- Save +US$ 88 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.