- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 4565 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Spot wildlife while trekking from the surrounding Arusha National Park
- Trek through African montane forest
- Enjoy significantly less crowds than Kilimanjaro
- Excellent bird life and game drives in Arusha National Park
The mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m. Located within Arusha National Park, Mount Meru is Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some wildlife that inhabits the area.
A beautiful mountain to hike on its own, it is also great for pre-Kilimanjaro acclimatization or as part of a trilogy of East Africa's highest peaks. For those looking for a more wide-ranging African experience, the trek is the perfect complement to a safari experience.
Our safari tour designer provided absolutely professional and first-class service. Every booking and guide, porters, driver and staff person we met were exemplary, and the suggestions they made for us were fantastic. As first-time travelers to Africa, with group of 10 students we had many questions, and our agent responded promptly and in detail to all our questions. Brian, the companys managing director and his partner met with us in person not once but twice - that level of service is something we have not encountered before. Our Kili guide and Safari driver was one of the most knowledgeable and friendly tour staffs we have ever met - we were sad to leave them. We cannot recommend this safari tour company highly enough! Our expectations were high, and they were exceeded!”
Day 1: Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board)
Day 3: Summit Day (Full board)
Day 4: Meriakamba Hut to Momella Gate to Arusha (Full board)
- Airport transfers
- Hotel lodging the night before and the night after the climb. Accommodation in sleeping huts during the trip. Both based on double occupancy
- All park fees
- Transport from the hotel to the trailhead
- All meals during the trek. Drinking water & large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
- Breakfast and dinner the day before the trek and breakfast the day after the trek is over
- Rescue fees
- Guides, porters and cook salaries and park fees
- Flying Doctor Service
- Hut accommodation on your way to summit
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional tours
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.