- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 7
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot the Big Five in the world famous Serengeti National Park
- Trek to see the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest or Mgahinga National Park in Uganda
- Encounter a great variety of wildlife in the World Heritage listed Ngorongoro Crater
- Immerse in the rich cultural heritage of Tanzania’s various tribal groups including the Masai
Journey through Kenya, northern Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda to appreciate the highlights of East Africa. This remarkable journey is truly all encompassing, including the best safari and wildlife viewing in Kenya and Tanzania whilst returning at night to superb permanent tented camps and lodges. Including all the areas frequented by the migration on their annual route, you will have the best opportunity to witness one of the most spectacular wildlife sightings in the world. From Arusha we visit Tarangire and Lake Manyara National Parks, before experiencing the cultural heritage of the various tribal groups who live nearby. We spend a day exploring the Ngorongoro Crater then continue west to the world famous Serengeti National Park where we have a chance to view vast herds of grazing animals and the magnificent predators that follow them. Crossing the border into Kenya, we enjoy fantastic game viewing in the renowned Masai Mara National Reserve and Amboseli National Park. The undoubted highlight of the journey is our time in the rainforest of Uganda where we follow remote trails in the mist shrouded forests of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest or Mgahinga National Park in search of the famous mountain gorillas. With a wonderful variety of wildlife, culture and adventure, this is a truly unforgettable experience.
Day 1 : Join Nairobi
Day 2 : To Amboseli National Park
Day 3 : Amboseli game drive
Day 4 : Drive to Arusha, Tanzania
Day 5 : Lake Manyara National Park
Day 6 : Cultural experience, day walk and Masai village visit
Day 7 : To Tarangire National Park
Day 8 : Ngorongoro Crater game drive, drive to Serengeti
Day 9 : Serengeti
Day 10 : Serengeti
Day 11 : Speke Bay on Lake Victoria
Day 12 : To Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
Day 13 : Masai Mara game drive
Day 14 : To Nairobi
Day 15 : Fly from Nairobi, Kenya to Kigali, Rwanda
Day 16 : Drive from Kigali, Rwanda to Uganda (cross border)
Day 17 : Gorilla Trek in Uganda
Day 18 : Drive to Kigali, Rwanda (cross border)
Day 19 : Kigali city tour, trip concludes
- 6 nights in 3 star hotels on a twinshare basis
- 18 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 16 dinners
- Airport transfers (days 1, 15 and 19 only)
- English speaking local driver-guides
- Private safari transport
- 7 nights in 3 star permanent safari camps on a twinshare basis
- 5 nights in 3 star safari lodges on a twinshare basis
- Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
- National park and conservation fees (including gorilla permit in Uganda) valued at US$1575
- Payment is required for gorilla permit in Uganda (US$600) at time of booking and is not refundable
- Flight from Arusha to Kigali, or from Nairobi to Kigali, on Day 15
- International flights and airport taxes
- Arrival and departure transfers if not arriving/departing on days 1, 15 and 19
- Travel insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Expenditure of a personal nature such as telephone calls, laundry and souvenirs
- Optional activities and sightseeing
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 314+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of East Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 353 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of East Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of East Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.