- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Recommended route for seasoned climbers
- Rewards climbers with views of the expansive Shira Plateau
- Provides impressive landscape and a variety of habitats
- An adventure of a lifetime
Of the seven main routes used to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the Machame route is one of the most popular paths. It is the route of choice for many people because it provides impressive views and a variety of habitats. About 50% of all climbers, and most seasoned climbers, mostly choose the Machame route.
Join us on a journey to the top of the roof of Africa, and we promise to present an adventure unlike any you've seen before.
Day 1: Airport pick-up- Drop off at Hotel
Day 2: Arusha- Machame Hut Camp (10, 000')
Day 3: Shira Camp (12, 480')
Day 4: Barranco Camp (13, 000')
Day 5: Karanga Valley Camp (13, 450')
Day 6: Barafu Hut Camp (14, 200')
Day 7: Summit Day and Mweka Hut (10, 500')
Day 8: Descent and back to Arusha
- Park fees
- All activities
- All accommodation
- Camping equipment
- A professional guide
- All transportation
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All meals
- Drinking water on all days
- Rescue fee
- Climbing gear
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Bath towels
- Earn US$ 98+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.