- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- The best scenery of mount kilimanjaro
- The 2nd hardest route on Kiliamanjaro
This is a long and hard trek, which reaches an altitude of 5895m. Even if you consider yourself fit, you might still find the climb very hard, depending on how well your body acclimatises to high altitude. There is no scientific way to determine how easily you acclimatise, and be aware that the acclimatisation process also differ from climb to climb.
Most of the trails on the Kilimanjaro trek are well defined and of good quality but some forest sections are often slippery and moorland paths can be very wet in poor weather conditions.
The final ascent to Uhuru peak is almost exclusively on loose rock without permanent footpaths. However, no technical skills are required. During the course of the trip we shall spend time at both high and low altitude, experiencing both extremely cold and quite hot conditions.
We will prepare for an early start every day on Kilimanjaro.
Day 1: Arrive in Arusha
Day 2: Machame Hut, 3,000 m, 6-8 hours walking.
Day 3: Shira Hut, 3,840m, 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Great Barranco valley, 3,900 m., 5-7 hours walking.
Day 5: Karanga camp, 4,000 m, 4-5 hours walking.
Day 6: Barafu campsite, 4,600 m., 3-4 hours walking.
Day 7: Mweka forest camp, 3100 m, 13-15 hours walking
Day 8: Mweka forest camp to Mweka Gate 1,650 m 3-4 hours walking.
Day 9: Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Kilimanjaro Includes:
- Kilimanjaro climbing Machame Route 7 Days Itinerary
- 2 Night accommodation in Arusha at Ilboru Safari Lodge is included
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents:
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides:
- Two nights hotel in Arusha
- All Park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs:
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- Clean, purified drinking water:
- Crisis management and safety procedures:
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
- Summit Emergency Oxygen:
- Pulse Oximeters:
- Kilimanjaro Excludes:
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature.
- Earn US$ 67+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.