- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 10
- Specialist hiking guide in Kilimanjaro National Park
- Enjoy the most spectacular landscape
- Marangu Route is the easiest and shortest route to Kilimanjaro’s summit
There are common dining huts to share meals. Soft drinks, bottled water, and beer may be for sale at the huts. It’s advisable to bring small Tanzanian bills to purchase these items (prices increase with elevation). This route is usually done in 5 days, could be done in 6 days for better acclimatization. The extra day could be spent resting at Horombo or climbing to a basecamp below Kibo’s sub peak Mawenzi.
Day 1: Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport
Day 2: Arusha to Marangu Gate
Day 3: Mandara Huts (2,740 m) to Horombo Hut (3,690 m)
Day 4: Horombo Huts (3,690 m) to Kibo Huts (4,596 m)
Day 5: Summit Day
Day 6: Horombo Huts (3,690 m) to Marangu Gate
Day 7: Depart for the airport or other destinations
- Night accommodation in Arusha
- Quality, waterproof mountain sleeping tents (depending on the route)
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- All park fees
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.)
- Meals not listed above
- Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationAs you prepare to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro you will need to prepare yourself physically and mentally. So much of your mental fitness will come from how physically prepared you feel, so it is worth committing the time to building your stamina and fitness, as it will contribute to the mental preparation as well. Your first stop should be at a doctor’s office where you can consult with your physician about both the medical side of your trip to Tanzania (malaria prophylaxis, anti-diarrhea medicine, and the use of Diamox) as well as consulting about your physical fitness and your proposed training regime. Your doctor will help you to assess your physical preparedness and will help guide you on the pace and rigor of your training. Therefore, all the guidelines below should be followed only under the advice of your physician as well as your own knowledge of your body and your common sense. For physical preparation the most important thing to do is to get out there and hike. While you are on Kilimanjaro what you will be doing every day is walking, so the more you do that as your preparation the better off you will be. Ideally you should start off with short hikes, preferably on uneven trails, but if you can’t do that on a daily basis, at the very least get outside and try to walk for an hour or so each day, and when you are able, plan longer hikes on mountainous trails on the weekends. Aim for at least 3-5 miles a day on weekdays and up to 10 miles a day or more on the weekends. There are lots of good apps that can help you monitor your time and distance, such as “Map My Run”. If you have an iPhone or android phone, we suggest using one of these to help you monitor your progress.