6Days/5Nights -Best of Selous Game Reserve Camping Safari
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5-79 yrs
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-2926
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Game drives in the world famous Selous Game Reserve.
- Boat safari in River Rufiji.
- Walking safari in the Selous Game Reserve
Selous hosts the largest population of elephants, lions, leopards, sable antelope, African wild dogs, buffalos and hippos. The park is also home toTanzania’s largest river, the hypnotic Rufiji River bisecting the reserve and home to hippos, crocodiles and various water-associated birds. The river forms a complex network of channels, lakes and swamps that create one of the most outstanding ecological wildlife systems in East Africa.
Well-watered, Selous Game Reserve is also home to the ferocious yet attractive tiger fish and vandu catfish, the latter equipped with a primitive set of lungs which allows it to migrate from one landlocked pool to another. The Selous is also rich in, open woodland, grassy plains, mountains and forests.
We promise you a fantastic safari, wonderful surroundings, a great guide, and breathtaking views of our Mother Planet on this camping safari.
We kindly refer to the Itinerary for a day-by-day programme.
Day 1: DAY 01: ARRIVE IN ARUSHA
Day 2: DAY 02: ARUSHA TO SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Day 3: DAY 03: FULL DAY EXPLORE SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Day 4: DAY 04: FULL DAY EXPLORE SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Day 5: DAY 05: HALF DAY EXPLORE SELOUS GAME RESERVE AND DRIVE
Day 6: DAY 06: EXPLORE ARUSHA CITY AND BOARD A FLIGHT BACK HOM
- Camping fees
- Service of a safari cook & Utensils
- Fly doctor emergency rescue within East Africa
- Airport transfers
- All Park Entry Fees,
- Government taxes.
- Drinks e.g water, coffee, juice, snacks, champagne
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (per the Itinerary)
- Accommodation and tent equipment
- Safari guide and 4x4 safari vehicle
- Any other transfers
- Any optional Tour
- Telephone calls and bar drinks while in the hotel,
- Any Airfare and visas
- Telephone calls and bar drinks while in the camp
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationAn African safari is an authentic adventure. For certain parts of this safari, expect driving on dirty road which may be bumpy and dusty here and there to make your safari really an African experience. However, our safari vehicles are designed to make your safari comfortable under difficult terrains. So, any person with physical fitness to sit on a safari vehicle is fit for this safari.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?