- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Walk from Gillman’s point along the crater rim to the summit of Uhuru Peak
- Climb with experienced mountain guides and porters
The Marangu route is considered to be the most comfortable and easy route. Your climb is moderate and constant with only the final leg to the summit slightly more challenging. It is also suitable for those adventure tourists who don't have much experience climbing mountains.
Although the trail can be a little crowded a certain time of the year, the views are beautiful and each day of walking progresses through a different climatic zone, adding considerably to the interest of the trek.
Day 1: Marangu gate (1,830 m) - Mandara Hut (2,700 m)
Day 2: Mandara Hut (2,700 m) - Horombo Hut (3,700 m)
Day 3: Horombo Hut - Zebra Rocks (3,980 m)
Day 4: Horombo Hut - Kibo Hut (4,700 m)
Day 5: Kibo Hut - Uhuru Peak (5,895 m) - Horombo
Day 6: Horombo Hut - Marangu Gate (1,860 m) - Arusha
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Mountain crew including cook and porters
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain huts
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Drinking water
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfers
- Sleeping bag
- Flight tickets
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs
- Travel insurance
- Town accommodation
- Save US$ 63+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.