- Booking Type Instant Booking
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Hard
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Dreaming of Reaching the Roof of Africa. Stop dreaming and Start Climbing!
- The Machame Route of Mt Kilimanjaro is probably the most scenic route
Being an adventurous route the Machame route rewards you with a scenic splendor, not seen on the Marangu route. From late afternoon sunsets at Shira, to the misty revelations of Kibo at the great Barranco Wall, the Machame route offers the adventurous hiker a stunning scenic "slide show" over 6 days.
The Machame route is normally completed in a minimum of 6 days, and there is an added benefit to this, as you are afforded the most valuable commodity on the mountain - acclimatization. The Machame route takes you high to Lava Tower (4630m) on the day 3 and brings you down by nearly 700m for an overnight at Barranco camp (3950m), a secret to successful acclimatization.
We kindly refer to the Itinerary for a Day-to-Day description. We look forward to giving you an experience of a lifetime. Please do write to us if any questions at all, or if you're looking for a customised trek offer.
Day 1: Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
Day 3: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
Day 4: Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 5: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Hut
Day 6: Mweka Camp to Moshi/Arusha
- Pickup from the airport (Kilimanjaro International Airport) or bus terminal, and drop off when climb finished
- All park fees
- Professional mountain guide
- Rescue fees
- Camping fees
- Camping facilities such as tents, stowes etc
- Necessary porters to carry your equipment
- Professional mountain cook
- Transfer to and from the mountain gate
- Conservation fees
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Local government taxes
- Clean water
- Any personal expenses
- International flights to Tanzania
- Visa fees to Tanzania etc
- Save +US$ 88 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.