- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Nature and bush walks
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater & Tarangire National Park
- Track the great wildebeest migration in the Serengeti
- Go on game drives and spot the "big five"
- Camp or stay in lodges, whichever you prefer
The Great Serengeti Migration is a true spectacle! Watch millions of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles thunder across the endless plains of the Serengeti. Here you'll find some of the world's greatest safari possibilities, spread across a landscape of volcanic grasslands and huge plains punctuated by rocky outcrops, rivers, and woods. Travelers who visit the right place at the right time will be treated to incredible glimpses of these natural events. Depending on the month and time, we will search different areas for the migrating animals:
In the South (Jan-Mar): Over 8,000 wildebeests are born daily at the peak of the calving season, attracting big cats to prey on the vulnerable calves. Central (Apr-late May & Nov-Dec): Following the rain pattern, the herds start to move into the central plains, where cheetahs are in abundance. West (late May-mid Jul): The migration heads through the western corridor on its way north to the Grumeti River. Northwest (mid Jul-Aug): This is the time of the famous river crossings at the Mara River, with super-predators and crocodiles in attendance. Northeast (Sep-Oct): Driven by instinct to find fresh grazing, the herds split into groups and re-enter from Mara side to the Serengeti Plain.
These migrating herds also draw the attention of some of Africa's most feared predators, guaranteeing that travelers following the Migration will never be too far from big cats, crocodiles, or hyenas.
This tour can be customized according to the season and where the migration is happening.
Day 1: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
Day 2: Karatu to Serengeti National Park
Day 3: Full day game drive: Tracking the wildebeests
Day 4: Full day game drive: Tracking the wildebeests
Day 5: From Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 4 Dinners
- All park fees
- 4x4 Specialised Safari Vehicle
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- All game viewing activities specified
- Entry visas
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.