5 Days Kilimanjaro climb - Marangu Route
- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- E-ticket/Mobile voucher
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 12-79 yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Fully guided
- Maximum altitude 5895 meters
- Tour Code BM-238
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- It offers you the relative luxury of being able to sleep in huts along the entire route.
- The Marangu route is one of the most popular routes to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
Nobody, even how fit they are, know how their body will respond in high altitude. If you want to increase your chances for making a successful summit, we recommend the Machame route.
The shared hut accommodation on the Marangu route is one of the main differences compared to the other routes, where you have to camp. Mineral water, soft drinks, chocolates and beers are also sold at all the camps on this route.
All your equipment and supplies are portered and our cook will prepares all your meals.
Day 1: Day 1: Transfer to Mt. Kilimanjaro and start the climb
Day 2: Day 2: Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
Day 3: Day 3: Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
Day 4: Day 4: Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
Day 5: Day 5: Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Marangu Route
- English speaking mountain guide and assistant.
- Porters - 3 per client for carrying all the gear.
- 2 transfers from and to Marangu Park gate and return.
- 3 meals per day while trekking ,vegetarian or non-vegetarian, pending your preference.
- 4 night’s accommodation in mountain huts.
- All park entrance fees and government fees and taxes.
- First Aid Kit including
- All necessary trekking equipment
- Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Visa and Travel Insurance
- Tips to mountain crew which is highly recommended. (Per porter per day is from 6 – 8 USD, Assistance guide / cook - per day is from 12 – 15 USD, Guides per day is from 20 – 25 USD)
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
When is the great wildebeest migration?
The great wildebeest migration starts anytime between late April and early June. And if you are interested in seeing the grand spectacle of wildebeest crossing the Grumeti or Mara Rivers, you should plan your trip around late July or early August. However, it is important to note that the timing of herd movements can vary.
Is Tanzania a family-friendly safari destination?
Tanzania is an excellent safari destination for families. The country has one of the most diverse wildlife populations in Africa, and there are countries with action-packed game drives that your children might enjoy. Furthermore, many of the destinations are quite affordable for family safari holidays. The only caveat is that Tanzania falls under Africa's malaria belt. Thus, traveling with children under six years of age is not recommended. Many safaris have age restrictions due to safety concerns.
- Do I need a visa and passport to travel to Tanzania?
- What is the best month to visit Tanzania?
- What are Tanzania's best birding spots?