- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- This tour starts and ends in Arusha (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Arusha National Park
- Hiking/walking on Mount Meru
- Witness wild animals in the area
The ascend is quite steep, the route to the summit passes over streams, through parkland, mountain forest, a giant weather zone and moorland. The summit is reached by a narrow, barren ridge, which provides stunning views. The technical requirements for climbing Mount Meru are greater than on the Kilimanjaro Routes.
The tour gives trekkers the chance to spot a wide variety of wildlife that inhabit the area.
Day 1: Arusha/ Momela Gate
Day 2: Miriakamba Hut/ Saddle Hut
Day 3: Saddle Hut/ Meru Summit
Day 4: Momela Gate/ Arusha
- Park fees and/or taxes
- Rescue fee
- All activities specified in the itinerary
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- All Taxes/VAT
- Climbing gear
- Accommodation on the day before the tour departs
- International flights (from/to home)
- Recommended tipping is US$10.00 per customer per day
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Visa entry
- Airport transfers
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.