- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Game drives
- Wildebeest Migration herds
- Maasai boma visit
Around the month of June, the wildebeest migration is often halted on the south side of the Grumeti River, which has some channels which block or slow their migration north. The wildebeest then congregate there, in the Western Corridor, often building up to a high density before crossing the river. The river here is normally a series of pools and channels, but it's not continuous – and so whilst they always represent an annual feast for the Grumeti River's large crocodiles, these aren't usually quite as spectacular as the crossings of the Mara River, further north.
The wildebeest migration continues moving northwards during July and August, often spreading out across a broad front: some heading through Grumeti Reserve and Ikorongo, others north through the heart of the Serengeti National Park.
September sees the herds spread out across the northern Serengeti, where the Mara River provides the migration with its most serious obstacle. This river gushes through the northern Serengeti from Kenya's adjacent Maasai Mara Game Reserve. Watching the frantic herds of the wildebeest migration crossing the Mara River can be very spectacular; there are often scenes of great panic and confusion. It's common to see herds cross the Mara River north on one day, and then back south a few days later.
By October, the wildebeest herds are migrating again with more accord: all are heading south, through western Loliondo and the Serengeti National Park's Lobo area, returning to the green shoots which follow the rains on the short-grass plains of the southern Serengeti in November.
Day 1: Arusha town to Lake Manyara National Park
Day 2: Lake Manyara Park to Serengeti National Park (Seronera)
Day 3: Serengeti Seronera Area to North Serengeti (Mara)
Day 4: Full Day at Serengeti National Park
Day 5: Serengeti (Mara area) - Northern Serengeti (Lobo Area)
Day 6: North Serengeti (Lobo) to Serengeti Seronera Area
Day 7: Serengeti Park to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 8: Ngorongoro Crater to Tarangire National Park
Day 9: Full Tarangire National Park
Day 10: Tarangire National Park to JRO
- 9 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches and 9 Dinners
- Pick /drop Airport or hotel before and after the trip
- Park entrance fees
- The services of our knowledgeable driver/Guide
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Activities as per itinerary
- Drinking water
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography
- Soft drinks, alcoholic and other beverages
- Optional activities not outlined on the itinerary
- Airport departure tax
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Earn US$ 164+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.