- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5604 meters
- Trek difficulty Medium
- Admire the world`s highest volcano lake, the Lago Chungará (4,570m)
- Discover the Altiplano Highlands and relax in the natural Polloquere hot springs
- Visit Salt Lake "Salar de Surire" and observe flamencos and vizcachas
- Climb the volcanoes Guane Guane (5.097m) & Cerro Toco (5.604m) in the Atacama desert
Join us on this unforgettable trekking trip and experience the contrasts between the barren, dry Atacama Desert and the fruitful, green Azapa and Lluta Valleys. Immerse yourself in the world of the Aymara Indians and follow the historical Ruta de La Plata. From a technical point of view, climbing the 5,000m summits is a challenge but should not be too difficult.
Nestled between the fascinating wonders of the Atacama Desert – colorful lagoons, glistening Salares and steaming geysers, to name just a few – this tour is much more than a just a trek!
Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. They just brought back all the wonderful memories of our hiking trip to Patagonia. You and Christian had done an absolutely wonderful job organizing the trip for us. And your carefulness and thoughtfulness for all the little details for everyone in the group was just amazing. You made our trip so smoothly and so enjoyable. I have recommend Moser Active Adventures highly to many of my friends who expressed interests in going to Patagonia.
We would definitely get in touch with you if we are planning another trip to northern Chile. Best wishes to you and Christian!”
I'll like to thank you for the Patagonia hikes. It is most scenic area of all the hikes that I have done before. Izabela and Vera are the best guides we had. They are the best team together. I enjoyed the trip very much. I plan to go back there with my family and other friends in the future.”
Day 1: Welcome to Arica
Day 2: Andes - Village Putre
Day 3: Trekking tour to acclimate
Day 4: Trekking tour to acclimate
Day 5: Ascent 5,000 m mountain - Cerro Milagro - Parinacota
Day 6: Ascent Cerro Guane Guane - Lauca NP - Guallatiri
Day 7: Salar de Surire - Colchane
Day 8: Saltpeter Mine Humberstone - Oasis Pica
Day 9: San Pedro de Atacama – Sunset Moon Valley
Day 10: Valle de la Muerte & de la Luna – Salar de Atacama
Day 11: Ascent of the extinct Volcano Cerro Toco (5,604 m)
Day 12: Geyser “El Tatio” - Guatin - Canyon
Day 13: Airport Drop Off
- Accommodation in Arica, Putre: 4 nights in hotels in a double room with private bathroom
- Accommodation in Colchane, San Pedro de Atacama: 5 nights in guesthouses in a double room with private bathroom
- Accommodation in Parinacota, Guallatiri, Pica: 3 nights in Refugio with shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified trekking guide
- Meals: 12 X breakfast, 2 X box lunch, 2 x lunch, 3 X dinner
- Transport: all private transfers as per detailed itinerary
- All entry fees as per detailed itinerary
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone / VHF-equipment
- Permit for the ascents of 5,000m-mountains
- Single Supplement
- Airfare and airport charges
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationTrip Notes: Differences in elevation but also in temperature will likely be the most challenging part of this trek. Good physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. Higher elevations should not create problems. Single person booking: Solo travelers should enquire with the tour operator regarding the prices and availability.