- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Maximum altitude 5604 meters
- Admire the world`s highest volcano lake, the Lago Chungará (4,570m)
- Discover the Altiplano Highlands and relax in the natural Polloquere hot springs
- Visit Salt Lake "Salar de Surire" and observe flamencos and vizcachas
- Climb the volcanoes Guane Guane (5.097m) & Cerro Toco (5.604m) in the Atacama desert
Join us on this unforgettable trekking trip and experience the contrasts between the barren, dry Atacama Desert and the fruitful, green Azapa and Lluta Valleys. Immerse yourself in the world of the Aymara Indians and follow the historical Ruta de La Plata. From a technical point of view, climbing the 5,000m summits is a challenge but should not be too difficult.
Nestled between the fascinating wonders of the Atacama Desert – colorful lagoons, glistening Salares and steaming geysers, to name just a few – this tour is much more than a just a trek!
I would like to thank you again for the unforgettable days on the Isla Navarino. The trek has everything you could ask for: deep snow hiking, steep climbs, sunny hours, one or two climbs on the rock, beautiful views and views of the incomparable nature of Tierra del Fuego and pictures that I remember all my life will. The days were quite challenging and not every ascent or descent a breeze, but that's why I could take a lot for me and my career and that's what made the trek so special. I'm proud of myself, incredibly thankful for you and your devoted care. From the transfers, the schedules and the food - everything was thought, with you I would every time again in the 'wilderness' pull. I hope, You meet again - be it privately or again on a mountain somewhere in the Pampa. Thank you for everything and all the best for the future.”
Day 1: Welcome to Arica
Day 2: Seaport Arica
Day 3: Andes - Village Putre
Day 4: Trekking tour to acclimate
Day 5: Trekking tour to acclimate
Day 6: Ascent 5,100 m Cosapilla mountain ridge – Lago Chungará
Day 7: Ascent Cerro Guane Guane - Lauca NP - Guallatiri
Day 8: Salar de Surire – Oasis Pica
Day 9: Saltpetermine, San Pedro de Atacama, Sunset Moon Valley
Day 10: Valle de la Muerte & de la Luna – Salar de Atacama
Day 11: Ascent of the extinct Volcano Cerro Toco (5,604 m)
Day 12: Geyser “El Tatio” - Guatin - Canyon
Day 13: Airport Drop Off
- Accommodation in Arica, Putre: 4 nights in hotels in a double room with private bathroom
- Accommodation in Colchane, San Pedro de Atacama: 5 nights in guesthouses in a double room with private bathroom
- Accommodation in Parinacota, Guallatiri, Pica: 3 nights in Refugio with shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified trekking guide
- Meals: 12 x breakfast, 2 x box lunch, 2 x dinner
- Transport: all private transfers as per detailed itinerary
- All entry fees as per detailed itinerary
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone / VHF-equipment
- Permit for the ascents of 5,000m-mountains
- Single Supplement
- Airfare and airport charges
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Earn US$ 147+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe offered departure dates include the possibility of booking other people. The group size for this trip has a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 12. Should we only have 2 or 3 people in exceptional cases, we will add an extra charge (see scaled pricing). Single person booking: Solo travelers should enquire with the tour operator regarding the prices and availability. The tour requires a minimum of 24 participants to be carried out. If the minimum participant is not met, the tour will be cancelled. Client will be notified about the cancellation 45 days ahead and provided a full refund. Best season: from March to October Trip notes: Differences in elevation but also in temperature will likely be the most challenging part of this trek. Good physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. Higher elevations should not create problems.