Argentina & Chile - Tour Highlights and Travel Tips
- Explore some of the finest Patagonian landscapes in a daylong hike around the rugged summit of Mount Fitz Roy.
- Climb the rock formations of Argentina’s Los Glaciares National Park, where no fewer than 350 glaciers sweep down into crystal clear lakes.
- Take a kayak trip on the rivers of Torres del Paine National Park to discover some of the park’s wildest and remotest locations.
- Stay among the colorful houses of El Chalten on the foothills of Mount Fitz Roy and explore the culture of Patagonia.
- Admire the stunning Perito Moreno Glacier, rising over 70 meters above the surface of Lake Argentino.
- Both countries provide tourist visas on arrival for many nationals.
- Chile and Argentina have diverse topographical features. Many parts of these countries are in high-altitude regions and are therefore cold even during summer. But you will also need to pack for hot deserts and beach weather conditions.
- Never venture off a designated route without your tour guide.
- Bring cash (in USD or Euros), as many ATMs do not accept international bank cards.