- duration 14 hours
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-25542
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Enjoy scenic landscapes of fields, mountains & villages
- Marvel at one of the world's largest canyons
- Relax & soak in the thermal waters of La Calera Hot Springs
- Vicuñas, alpacas, flamingos, and Andean eagle sightings
Observe giant Andean condors and vicuña, colourful traditions and music. Get a taste for the unique flavours of the region by enjoying Andean cuisine and opt to relax in the hot springs in Chivay before returning to Arequipa by way of the Patapampa scenic overlook.
We will pick you up between 02:45 and 03:00 and drive you for 3 hours north west of Arequipa to Chivay, the capital of the Colca Canyon, behind snow-covered Chachani. We'll arrive at Yanque village and have breakfast we continue driving for another hour and a half to the most popular Condor viewing location, "the #34; From here, we can see the canyon's depth and the Condor's traditional villages like as Yanque and Maca, colonial churches, kind people dressed in traditional needlework clothes, and hundreds of pre-Inca terraces still in use with Andean crops such as corn, quinoa, and kiwicha, among others, can be found in the area. In addition, we will visit the hot spring pools, for which there is an additional entrance cost, and for which we will have 45 minutes we'll go to Chivay for lunch, and then return to Arequipa via the highest pass: the sight of the Volcanoes and snow-capped mountains in Patapampa (4,800 m. - 15,000 ft.). Later, at the Pampa Caahuas national reserve, we will observe wild vicuas, alpacas, and llamas, as well as flamingos, ibis, Andean gooze, ducks, and the Andean eagle "Kara #34; Back in Arequipa around 18:00 hrs.).
- English speaking guide
- Shared transportation
- Colca Canyon Day tour
- Entrance fee 70.00 soles
- Tips & Gratuities
- Personal Expenses
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Colca Canyon Day Trip tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 April 2024, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Colca Canyon Day Trip tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Colca Canyon Day Trip tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols